586,968 active members*
2,932 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Haas Simulator

I;m looking for something i can use to preview my programs before I send them off to my machine. I have run in to a few problems of not haveing my program work by the time I make it to my machine. The distance between my PC and machine is about an hours drive. So I really would like to make sure it works before I leave. I have been thinking about getting a Haas Simulator but its hard with a cost of over a grand.
    what are you guys using? Free or to buy im not picky it just needs to work well.
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

Quote Originally Posted by automizer View Post
    I;m looking for something i can use to preview my programs before I send them off to my machine. I have run in to a few problems of not haveing my program work by the time I make it to my machine. The distance between my PC and machine is about an hours drive. So I really would like to make sure it works before I leave. I have been thinking about getting a Haas Simulator but its hard with a cost of over a grand.
    what are you guys using? Free or to buy im not picky it just needs to work well.
    Seems like the simple solution here is to buy a cheap computer and put it where your machine is at.

NC Plot

I strongly recommend NC Plot!

I strongly recomend Vericut but at $7,000 for 3 axis verification I can see it is way out of your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    I strongly recomend Vericut but at $7,000 for 3 axis verification I can see it is way out of your budget.
    I would say yes...

Cory a PC will come in soon, just not soon enough

NC Plot you say... I will give that a try now
    HAAS GR-408

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

automizer,

I kind of wonder how it is possible to have your computer a mile away from your machine. You must have a lot of miles on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    automizer,

I kind of wonder how it is possible to have your computer a mile away from your machine. You must have a lot of miles on your car.
    I do, I had to buy a hybrid. Work is 45mins (32km) West from home and my hobby shop is 50mins (40km) East from home. The computer for the shop is sitting on the floor hear at the house, still needs windows a mouse keyboard ect. so it is a ways off from working.
    HAAS GR-408

No simulator is 100% program idiot proof, but my recommend is Predator or EditNC. NCplot is nice for economic package it is my 2 cent. There are many other but I have has a chance to try it out.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

automizer,

I'm sorry to say but the way you have been doing things is very unproductive. CNC programs need to go through several revisions working interactively with the machine and the computer near each other so you don't waste any time. As soon as you have your new computer working at your shop I guarantee you will be much happier.

Mike I do agree with you there but there is along list to do before the computer can even be put out there. I was kind of stupid the way I went about getting things set up. I bought my machine and then thought about where it would go. If I were to do it all over I would do it very different
    HAAS GR-408