586,395 active members*
2,890 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

So I ordered the grizzly g0484!

Now its on backorder till october! Man I was so stoked to finally have my own Mill by the end of the week then I got the dreded e-mail. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought it was a good deal for the garage machinist. Does anybody know of a comperable machine in price and features? IE square/dovetail column power feed descent size table weighs 1klbs or less with stand and cost under $2k. I looked at the IH but you just don't get the same bang for your buck. I'm sure its a more quality machine but I'm not running a production line. Anyways sorry for the long wind. Can't wait to get started.
    Jeremy

Hi anderpipe. Welcome to the Zone!

Don't cancel your order. Grizzly is known to give WORST CASE backorder estimates. You may Yet get your mill delivered in just a few weeks.

CR.

If you have your heart set on that machine, hang in there. If you cancel and re-order later you will most likely face a 25-30% price increase on any Chinese made mill in the next 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    Hi anderpipe. Welcome to the Zone!

Don't cancel your order. Grizzly is known to give WORST CASE backorder estimates. You may Yet get your mill delivered in just a few weeks.

CR.
    I sure hope your right, I was pretty bumed. I told him to keep the order and he said that they would keep it but I could change it at any time so I'm happy with that. Thanks
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter90 View Post
    If you have your heart set on that machine, hang in there. If you cancel and re-order later you will most likely face a 25-30% price increase on any Chinese made mill in the next 6 months.
    I have my heart set on getting A machine this one just seems to be best suited and priced for what I want. Your probably right on the increase coming up. I'm glad I can afford one now cause I might not in a while with the way things are going around the world.
    Jeremy

I was considering the G0484 today, until I saw the IH Mill. Man, for the small extra cost, you can have a mill with much greater capacity, American made, and available almost immediately.

See http://industrialhobbies.com/

Electronics proudly made in USA
    Mill Made in China

You're right about the mill itself being made in China. It sounds like a pretty high quality piece from what I have heard.

As you say, the CNC conversion is fully American made.

haha i love this pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mill_and_mini.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by OffshoreRacer View Post
    I was considering the G0484 today, until I saw the IH Mill. Man, for the small extra cost, you can have a mill with much greater capacity, American made, and available almost immediately.

See http://industrialhobbies.com/
    Might be quality but for 5 3/4" more spindle hight and a little bigger table with no power feed and no stand and $350 for shipping its still almost $1000 more. and I want all the bang for my buck.

I call grizzly about 2- 3 times a month,

They moved from sept 20 to oct 10 to oct 15 to oct 31 to nove 14 to nov 30

****ING GRIZZZLY - Not only that but they wont say way they keep shifting it?

Stressing me out, been waiting for 6 months LOL

HEY VOODOOMAN, WE ALL KNOW YOUR "UPSET" BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, THIS ALLOWS U TO SAVE UP FOR OTHER STUFF LIKE MILL ENDS,CLAMPS,MEASURING TOOLS,CAD,CAM, SIMULATION SOFTWARE,3D SCANNER,COOLANT DEVICES,4TH AND/OR 5TH AXIS,TAP AND DIE SETS,HYDRA PRESS, BALANCERS,COUNTERSINKS,REAMERS,SHEAR,WELDER,COLLET S,AIR COMPRESSOR,RIVET GUN,CLECOS,SAND BLASTER,POWDER COAT KIT ETC. IT'S A B***H WHEN U GET THAT NICE MILL AND DONT HAVE THE TOOLS OR MATERIAL TO USE IT.BUT 4 REAL THE BETTER YOU AND YOUR IMAGATION GETS THE MORE S**T YOUR GOING TO NEED ANYWAY,NOW WEATHER U BUY/BUILD THEM OR NOT IS UP TO YOU

Hi Jonnie. Glad to have you finally posting! That's a good point, but all caps are hard to read and generally interpreted as shouting. I'm sure that you don't intend that, but please don't shout.

CR.

When you get it, please post pictures!!!!!!

-Jason

Smile Did you get the new machine yet !

I been in the same boat several times with Grizzly, but have been surprised
    several times with emails saying things like your mill shipped yesterday, and should be at your local dock on Wed. Talk about butterflies......wuh who !....
    smile it's an adventure......Oh, and I'm happy to say I stuck with my orders and have not goofed up and purchased anything similar. With the dreaded
    regrets. Good luck.

Well grizzly informed me after oohh the 545th phone call that they shipment is due nov 21st, which means they brought it back a full 5 days ahead of schedule.

This is good news, I will grba it and post pictures when it arrives!

Cya guys

I called Grizzly today seeing if the GO484 was lost at sea. They told me Jan 7. They also told me I should get on the back order list to help the possibility of getting one.

Anything new?

-Adam
    www.adambrunette.com - Converting My Harbor Freight X2 And My Jet Jvm-830 Knee Mill, As well as many other projects.

Going thru the same dilema right now - ordered a Grizzly G0484, but it's back ordered - they SAY it will ship on 10/21 (today is the 6th). I need it for a project that is going on now. My plan is to add DRO and CNC at a later date - spread the cost out over a few years. I'm assuming the G0484 will require a bit of TLC to get working properly for either DRO or CNC.