586,129 active members*
3,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

enco 45 square column mill

Looks like enco has a pretty good deal on this mill with free shipping. I have been looking for a small mill for hobby cnc work and wonder if anyone has comments on its overall quality for a cnc project or should i just get the IH mill.

I've been looking at the mill myself, but having not really seen it upclose, I can't comment on the quality. It has a good work envolope (not as large as a IH), but for hobby work, not bad and a little larger than the X3.

Ron

How'd you like to get that mill for $1195.96 delivered? Just make sure you use the RW325-5184 model number and apply the web code found here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=101 Bear in mind you have to order from the web page.

I ordered and already received their 9x42 knee mill for less than the "Rong Fu w/Power Downfeed".

Thats exactly why i am thinking about this mill now $1200 is pretty good deal. It would be less than a SX3 delivered. I am looking for a mill to add CNC to and just not sure if i would be better off just getting a IH mill or deal with the short comings of the enco 45 for half the price.
    i did find one write up, but they didn't give it a glowing review for overall quality.

the IH mill is $799 more than the enco mill, however, you can't increase work envelope. in this hobby people are always pushing the envelope, even if you start small and work your way up to something bigger, there is always something sooner or later you wish you could do. if you have the room, i would opt for the IH mill. I have two of them and find them to be very useful. one is cnc'd and the other manual. also there is a night and day difference between the finish of the IH mills and the other imports. i have a wholesale tool nearby that carries the standard enco import and they are definitely not as nice as the IH.

Yeah, I'd the Enco today if they still had that deal.:tired:

It's currently on sale for $1,570.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
    It's currently on sale for $1,570.
    $1570 plus shipping which is a far cry from the $1200 shipped that was available a few months ago. But that was then and this is now.

Heck now I'd even be willing to pay the $1570 if it included shipping or could get a 20% off coupon.
    But at nearly $1900 shipped, the price is within a hundred bucks of the Grizzly G0484 which includes power feed for both X and Z (head) axis AND a cast iron stand.

In this economy, prices will come down. Be patient.

Best,

BW

Yeah I think Grizzly has the better deal. Includes the power feeds and stand. And let me tell ya a head power feed is awesome for drilling holes.

Quote Originally Posted by BobWarfield View Post
    In this economy, prices will come down. Be patient.
    Good point.
    The dollar is (currently) strengthening against the yuan and every other currency except the yen.
    The chinese economy is faltering.
    Used J-head Bridgeports are starting to show up all over the Eastern US for under $2k (but I'm in the Northwest).
    Other than my own "eagerness" I'm in no real hurry so I think I will wait and see what develops.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherChris View Post
    Good point.
    The dollar is (currently) strengthening against the yuan and every other currency except the yen.
    The chinese economy is faltering.
    Used J-head Bridgeports are starting to show up all over the Eastern US for under $2k (but I'm in the Northwest).
    Other than my own "eagerness" I'm in no real hurry so I think I will wait and see what develops.

Thanks
    Used bridgeports have been available in the northeast for under 2k for a longtime. Of course there are always the ones that go for three times that price!!!!!!! Shipping would be a killer, unless you can find someone who trucks back and forth all the time.
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.