586,369 active members*
3,383 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc/Elox P Series Wire

Have a Fanuc control in need of some basic access info on how the control works. I have the manuals but some of it I guess I am just not understanding. Like, one of the things I need to know is, what software version is it?...loading and deleting files etc. Thanks Colin

what year and control do you have

Elox

It is a 1986 and as far as the control, ???, how do I get that information out of the machine?? Thanks for the reply Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Colin00 View Post
    It is a 1986 and as far as the control, ???, how do I get that information out of the machine?? Thanks for the reply Colin
    You can see on the screen about few second when boot up .I guess that is FANUC SYSTEM 6M and SOFTWARE VERSION ....

Do you have a parameter list if it only goes to to I think 400 its a 6 control if it goes to 8000s it will have ac servo drives and be a O control.....you can also get the number off the top left corner of the main pcb board ...The board thats behind the crt when the door is closed....the control main board .....get that number.....

If you want to delete all programs you can type in 9999 and hit delete it might be -9999 and delete , for up loading via rs232 you have to change a couple of parameters then change a setting....once the machine is set up to comuncate through the rs232 hit the program edit key ....you should see lsk flashing on screen then you send from pc ,,,the wire has to be ready to recieve before you send.......

the software version is the m42or m47

fanuc

Ok, what I could catch on startup was ME3 Ver. 09??....then on the main board upper left, A16B-1000-0030 (O6C). The m42 & m47, how do I utilize these numbers? Don't mean to sound dumb here but the guy who promised me some help bailed and I am left trying to figure this thing out. I am determined and with a little help from you all hopefully will get the basics down so I can use it some!

Is it possible to contact you by phone? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colin00 View Post
    Ok, what I could catch on startup was ME3 Ver. 09??....then on the main board upper left, A16B-1000-0030 (O6C). The m42 & m47, how do I utilize these numbers? Don't mean to sound dumb here but the guy who promised me some help bailed and I am left trying to figure this thing out. I am determined and with a little help from you all hopefully will get the basics down so I can use it some!

Is it possible to contact you by phone? Thanks
    I am sure your Elox wirecut is Fanuc 6M,the M42@M47 are no meaning in this case.You can read the operator manual for Fanuc 6M to perform the input,output,delete... the program , PM me for more help
    tungtung