586,698 active members*
2,979 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Fusion Kit, Bearing Grinding noise.

Fusion Kit, Bearing Grinding noise.

Just got the machine going yesterday, today I was running higher feed rates for Z, then it just stopped, and now I hear an random grinding noise.

Took Z screw off the machine, looks like there is some grease from the bearing on the top of screw (see pic), and when I rotate it by hand it will bind and make grinding noises.

Any ideas where to get replacement, and how to install new ones, also what size spanner tool I need to pick up to take the nut off?

Thanks!

UPDATE: CNC Fusion is sending me new bearings, and gave me tips on what spanners on mcmaster might work for the z nut. I would give them an A for quick email response.

Also picked up local bearing replacements in town, here is the make\model that matches Koyo 60002rsc3 gxm 00711, cost was $10 for two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1415.jpg  

defectice ball.

I took apart the bottom bearing, one of the balls broke right in half, also there is some groove on the inside of each of the broken bearings.

Other bearings look perfect, looks like this one ball was defective to me.

Also got an idea, when I reassemble the bearings and spanner nut, I place the heli coupling right against the spanner nut and tighten it down, so that the spanner nylon nut cant slip back too much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1425.jpg  

Spaceballs, Ill tell you right now, that doesnt work very well. The difference between tight and not tight is really small, and typically the helical wont be on there tight enough to hold it. It does prevent large movement, just not small. Maybe you will have better luck of course. Sometimes I think I must have pissed the gods of really bad or something.

Quote Originally Posted by pzzamakr1980 View Post
    Spaceballs, Ill tell you right now, that doesnt work very well. The difference between tight and not tight is really small, and typically the helical wont be on there tight enough to hold it. It does prevent large movement, just not small. Maybe you will have better luck of course. Sometimes I think I must have pissed the gods of really bad or something.
    yeah your prob right, it was just a thought