586,962 active members*
2,915 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Wasn't even thinking about it being a Haas and using G52,was just explaining how I do it.May have to check out using that,only have it for 7 years,.
    I just got into the habit of doing it that way becouse on my other machines there is't anything like a G52,well nothing i'v ever been aware of.
    Was thinking about this at the shop today and was wondering how many ways it could be done,in my instence i could do it 3 differant ways on 3 machuines.
    I guess sometimes we get comfortable doing something one way and forget to look around, Guilty Here.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyracing1967 View Post
    ......Was thinking about this at the shop today and was wondering how many ways it could be done,in my instence i could do it 3 differant ways on 3 machuines.
    I guess sometimes we get comfortable doing something one way and forget to look around, Guilty Here.
    You can do it with G52 as I described, or if the spacings are equal, like Chattaman describes with fewer program lines, or you can move incrementally and then use G92 to reset the work zero when you get to the next location, or you can enter 50 work zeroes (if your machine can accept that many; Haas can do 200), or you can relocate your work zero using an incremental G10 command. That is about all I can think of.

The advantage to G52 using the X, Y, Z coordinates is, as I mentioned before, you can correct for imprecise fixtures.

And I totally agree with the forgetting to look around, I figure I am pretty flexible but I still fall into the trap of doing what I have done before just because I did it.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.