587,030 active members*
4,105 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > another file conversion question

another file conversion question

I have an inexpensive cad cam software called Millwrite 2000. It only works with autocad 14 dxf files. I downloaded the coreldraw x4 demo to see i I could convert an EPS file to dxf that I would then import to Millwrite to do the cam work. after loading into Corel I then "saved as" in autocad r14. when I open the converted dxf file into millwrite I get nothing. I am as much an amature as one can be. what am I missing? I have bought a few dxf clipart collections on ebay and they work fine so I know I am the problem, not millwrite.
    RACECAR,SPELLED BACKWARDS,IS RACECAR

when I open the converted dxf file into millwrite I get nothing.

Are you sure that you get nothing, after you import the DXF, If you don't get an error message, then the file might be of in space someplace.

Try zooming out If thats possible in Millwrite.

You might need to just change the scale of the file?

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Well, I zoomed out and still nothing. also, When I close a job, millwrite always asks me if I want to save(even if I didn't modify anything) or abandon. I get no such question when I click on close job. thanks anyway though.
    RACECAR,SPELLED BACKWARDS,IS RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by RabidRepublican View Post
    I have an inexpensive cad cam software called Millwrite 2000. It only works with autocad 14 dxf files. I downloaded the coreldraw x4 demo to see i I could convert an EPS file to dxf that I would then import to Millwrite to do the cam work. after loading into Corel I then "saved as" in autocad r14. when I open the converted dxf file into millwrite I get nothing. I am as much an amature as one can be. what am I missing? I have bought a few dxf clipart collections on ebay and they work fine so I know I am the problem, not millwrite.
    RR

Switcher is right, your data might be out in never never land someplace.
    Also, Corel might be saving as a binary dxf. Open the converted file in notepad and see what you get. You should be able to read the text info in notepad. If you see a bunch of dots and goofy stuff, it's binary.
    Fuzzy memory, there could be an option in Coral for ASCII dxf output.
    You can also try using the repair or recover option in AutoCad on your converted file, it could be just the file header needs repaired. It's in the file menu, it's been awhile since I've used ACAD. I have MillWrite 2000, send me the file and I'll have a look.

pix
    Some of my best finds were in the trash....