586,525 active members*
3,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Panasonic Minas A4 Servo Overload Error

Question Panasonic Minas A4 Servo Overload Error

Hi all,

1)

I have a panasonic servo motor(minas a4,750W)+its drive which moves the leadscrew of Z axis.

I'm about to replace the old control unit of a router machine with another one but the problem is that the old control unit was controlling this drive with pulses in position control mode. The one i'm going to install is capable of controlling the drives with analog voltage so i've changed the control mode parameter of the drive to velocity control mode. However now i face "overload error" in the Z axis drive when im trying to move the axis. How can i handle this?

2)

I always hear some shrill sounds that come from inside of the panasonic motors. Do you have any advice to prevent these noises?

3)

What are the main differences among the control modes of panasonic drives? (position, velocity, torque, position+velocity, torque+velocity...)

Thanks in advance,
    Kind Regards,

Hi Mert-G.
    I'm sorry but I am not able to help you.
    I was hoping you could give me some help.
    I am attempting to follow the same path as you but with older versions of the Panasonic servos and drives which work just fine but the hardware/software running them is outdated.
    They are 1Kw 200V AC motors and I need to find out the encoder pin connections and supply voltage and current.
    I haven't been able to get anything from Panasonic, apart from some very general info, but it does appear that the specs for your motor are still basically the same as mine, as far as control parameters are concerned.
    From your post I am assuming that you have more info about them that I can find.
    I was going to ditch the drives and just use the motors but I do need to know the encoder inputs.

Can you help?

My motors run very quietly, and smoothly. I would guess that your motors, if they are noisy, either need bearings or are getting odd control signals, or voltage, that they are fighting.

Regards - Ross

Hi ferman,

I'm a little bit surprised. This topic was as too old. I already handled this old problem as I got experience.

I hope I can help you. First I need the code of your motor or any writing on the motor like "MSMA...., MUMA....., MUMS....". I'm asking this because encoder models and pin connections differ as motor models differ.

If you don't see any writing on the motor then you can send me some photos of it.

Best Regards,
    Mert

Hi Mert,
    I have found out a little more since then and I think your motors are a bit later model than mine, which are - MDM102A1G motors with MMD103AW drives.
    I did manage to get a pdf manual from Panasonic, in Singapore, but it is all in Japanese and it's a photographic copy so I can't get it translated online.
    Any info you may have would be much appreciated.

Ross

By the way, how did you overcome your problems?
    Ross

Hi Ross,

I already did, thanks.

By the way I couldn't find anything about your motor model. I'm sorry. If I gain some info from somewhere, I will let you know.

Regards,
    Mert