586,096 active members*
3,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking C6 Lathe Update

This is a Project I started 10/07, its Finished just need to figure the pins out to signal my 12v relay to get it to index...I went to Coos Bay last month and saw the X4 and met with Richard he is helping me get things working with this Turret. Everything was turned on the C6. I did all of the mill work on a conventional CNC Mill. Just another day in Oregon.. as soon as I have everything running smooth I will make a video and post it on YouTube...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-247L.JPG   MVC-248L.JPG  

Question

Where about in Oregon are you located? I am down in the Grants Pass area, I might be going to Coos Bay next week, have to call Richard first to see if they have anything in stock, trying to get one of those yellow X4's when they become available.
    BlueFin CNC LLC
    Southern Oregon

Hello,
    I have recently acquired a syil c6 on ebay ( I recieved no instructions). I am having trouble setting up the ports and pins, inputs and outputs etc in mach 3 turn. I know there is a profile on the syil america website. The trouble is I dont know how to upload it to mach 3 turn! I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction. Alternatively if someone could tell me the correct port/pins configurations for the c6 cnc in mach 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    MAny thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    Where about in Oregon are you located? I am down in the Grants Pass area, I might be going to Coos Bay next week, have to call Richard first to see if they have anything in stock, trying to get one of those yellow X4's when they become available.
    I am in Sandy, I talked to Rod today and they are getting ready to place an order,from what I understand it takes 8 weeks for the turn around.

Hey Journey Man, what depth of cut and feed are you you running? Steel Alu? I was just wondering how hard you can run the C6, buy the way nice turret.

Nice work...did u use the auto tool changer plans from here or somewhere else? I am very interested in this. How much time money do you have into that thing?
    I don't give a damn if you don't like me, cause i don't like you cause you are not like me.

Quote Originally Posted by dafowfidy View Post
    Hey Journey Man, what depth of cut and feed are you you running? Steel Alu? I was just wondering how hard you can run the C6, buy the way nice turret.
    Well, I have taken .o45 @1.5 feed rate and the lowest belt setting. That was on a 6.0 O.D. piece of CRS. I have this lathe tooled up with an array of tooling but my favorite Insert is the Trigon. I only made one pass taking .045 because the chips were breaking at about 1.0 long and flying all over. So I found a sweet spot [email protected] feed rate made a more tighter chip and I could deal with that. Using a Sprey Mist really helped out alot. Cutting Alum/6061 You can bump the RPM on up to 1200/1850 and use a high speed steel Insert.
    and increase the feed rate,it is all mostly learning the machine and how it will handle the load..oh, a little belt dressing will keep the V-belt from slipping,but you might eat a cog belt.... I did... Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Legion99999 View Post
    Nice work...did u use the auto tool changer plans from here or somewhere else? I am very interested in this. How much time money do you have into that thing?
    Well, I origionally found the plans on the internet. They were for a 7.5 O.D. Turret. I Scaled it down to 5.0 and went to work. I had to buy 1' of 6.0 O.D. CRS. Everything was made from that. except for the Piston I made it out of 302 Stainless. I really wish that I would have made the whole thing out of 302 but 1' of that stuff at the time was way too much. I have alot of time in it.but I dont know how much. I worked Alot of 8-10hr. Saturdays. I could have used our Bridgeport EZPath but I wanted to use the C6 just to show what it can do. I made the mount so that it can be setup and un-setup very quickly. I bought a driver board from Syil America and installed it and had to get a 12V relay board to work the DC 4way Solnoid. I am not sure about costs I just got it as it was needed. I do have receipts here and there...might scare me if I looked....

New Syil C6 on its way

Hello Journey_Man

You are definitely one of the guys who has taken the C6 CNC to a new level of usability.

I just bought one, and one of the first things I want to do is adapt my Bison 5C collet chuck.

What did you make your adapter plate out of, and do you sell adapter plates.

Thanks
    Laurence

I also have a Bison 6Jaw Set True Chuck and a Bison 6"4 Jaw Chuck. I made the Adapters for all of them out of 303 Stainless. I don't sell the adapter plates. They arent a big deal to make. Just dont get the Spindle side of the bore too tight. I made the studs and some Flair nuts to get rid of the washers. I used 316 Stainless for those. Bob

Talking

Lathe Master.hehe
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Thanks for the info on the adapter plates

Hi Bob,

Thanks, I will be making a plate this weekend.
    Laurence

Quote Originally Posted by lobecnc View Post
    Hi Bob,

Thanks, I will be making a plate this weekend.
    Laurence
    I would make one for you but I am swamped at my job and havent had much time to do things. You can use CRS to make the Mount. I just bought a 303 Bar drop 4 1/2" OD and used it for Mount Plates. Bob

do you have blueprint of your turret... and would you share them i plan on getting my weiss lathe cnc and this would definitly be a great addon
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne