586,471 active members*
3,668 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

system halted!

the control system is centrion 7, when it run regular it could stop occasionally, like system halted! who could tell me what is the reason?

When the machine stops, does the control display a message?

sir:

no message displayed and no actived! Like a computer system halted! when I powered off then powered on, it could to resumed normal. I want know the reason and how to avoid the problem after?

Another question about Milltronics, I have some other problem about Milltronics, I had contacted Bill and other partment several times. but I had no replied from Milltronics. What's wrong about Milltronics corporation?

Could it be a translation/communication problem? Your questions here are hard to understand, Milltronics corp. could be having the same problem helping you. Where did you get the machine from? Have you tried to contact your distributer. Most random shutdowns can be attributed to loose wire connections. How old is the machine? Has it seen rough service?

Quote Originally Posted by kokai View Post
    sir:

no message displayed and no actived! Like a computer system halted! when I powered off then powered on, it could to resumed normal. I want know the reason and how to avoid the problem after?

Another question about Milltronics, I have some other problem about Milltronics, I had contacted Bill and other partment several times. but I had no replied from Milltronics. What's wrong about Milltronics corporation?
    If you can please provide me with a machine serial number I can be of more assistance to you. When the machine stops, are any of the front panel keys responsive? Please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jpawelk View Post
    If you can please provide me with a machine serial number I can be of more assistance to you. When the machine stops, are any of the front panel keys responsive? Please feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thank you.
    Sir:

I had posted an email to you but the servers responses a message:
    "This message is generated by COREMAIL email system."
    "I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned"
    "[email protected] DNS query error: milltroncis.net"

I had posted an email use other email address, were you received it?

Sir:

I had posted an email to you but the servers responses a message:
    "This message is generated by COREMAIL email system."
    "I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned"
    "[email protected] DNS query error: milltroncis.net"

I had posted an email use other email address, were you received it?

Check your spelling of milltronics.

On your machine, have you checked the oil level in the auto oiler?
    If oil is low, machine NO GO.

pix
    Some of my best finds were in the trash....

we have a VM30XP Cent7 control and had this happen It was being caused by a external keyboard. I found out by accident no one had a clue and it was brand new.
    Bill

All conditions were alright what to run the machining center.

We have not installed external keybord before.

were there some problems about system or motherboard?

Okay, the machine is running?

Does the machine stop while it is cutting something?

Does the machine stop when you load a new program?

I had problem with the program filenames.

You can not use the letter 'O' for the first letter of a filename.
    The control will crash.
    I also avoid using the letter 'P' for the first letter of a filename.

The letters 'O' and 'P' are reserved for the conversational program names.

pix
    Some of my best finds were in the trash....

Quote Originally Posted by pixburghenat View Post
    Okay, the machine is running?

Does the machine stop while it is cutting something?

Does the machine stop when you load a new program?

I had problem with the program filenames.

You can not use the letter 'O' for the first letter of a filename.
    The control will crash.
    I also avoid using the letter 'P' for the first letter of a filename.

The letters 'O' and 'P' are reserved for the conversational program names.

pix
    Yes, the machine stopped while it was cutting workpiece!
    then have no actived, nothing could run or active.

I am having an error message pop up of 449 drive fault, when this happens I can not do anything but power down to get rid of it. I can see in the main panel that the x-drive is the one faulting with a red light beside resolver fault. Can you tell me what could be causing the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by crosbowkid View Post
    I am having an error message pop up of 449 drive fault, when this happens I can not do anything but power down to get rid of it. I can see in the main panel that the x-drive is the one faulting with a red light beside resolver fault. Can you tell me what could be causing the problem?
    You could do two thing :

1 change the drive x to y axis, to confirm whether is the drive touble!

2 check the 25VDC is it aright?

You could do two thing :

1 change the drive x to y axis, to confirm whether is the drive touble!

2 check the 25VDC is it aright?
    how should I change the x to y axis?
    where do I check for the 25vdc?

we have a VMD30 with a Centurion6 control that gave us trouble for years. In the back is a transformer with 4 different places to hook wires, and each one has a voltage limit. We did some checking and found the incoming wire should have been put on a 240 tap instead of a 230 tap. The mistake was sending too much voltage to the computer, and every few days the machine would just quit. Nothing worked. Not even the emergency stop. And the z axis would settle about .030", meaning that 9 hours of cut time was down the toilet. If the part wasn't scrapped. We changed the wire a few weeks ago, and the machine hasn't quit since. My fingers are crossed.
    Later,
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by crosbowkid View Post
    how should I change the x to y axis?
    where do I check for the 25vdc?
    You can check for 24VDC between terminal blocks 12 and 22 which are located in the electrical cabinet.

An error 449 is either a spindle drive fault or an axis drive fault. When the alarm occurs, what is the message on the display? What is the drive display? You can swap axis drives, make certain to swap ALL connectors and cables going to the 2 drives. This will tell you if you have a motor problem or a drive problem.

Im having the same problem with my partner 1 with cent 5 , it'll just stop as if i shut the power off and crash , the fans still run and the power is still on but the monitor goes black. im convinced at least with my machine that it is one of the relays or connections to it thats causing the intermittent problem. I suspect if your cent 7 has similar relays , mechanical and solid state i would check those and the wiring to them. But mine's not fixed yet either so take it as a grain of salt but i think thats where the problem lies.

Quote Originally Posted by fcycles View Post
    Im having the same problem with my partner 1 with cent 5 , it'll just stop as if i shut the power off and crash , the fans still run and the power is still on but the monitor goes black. im convinced at least with my machine that it is one of the relays or connections to it thats causing the intermittent problem. I suspect if your cent 7 has similar relays , mechanical and solid state i would check those and the wiring to them. But mine's not fixed yet either so take it as a grain of salt but i think thats where the problem lies.
    Those types of problems from my experience are found to be PC power supply issues. When they go flakey, all kinds of control malfunctions show up.

It is a cheap fix, but you do need to alter the power supply internal/external wiring to match the original in most cases.

Input voltage and hz could be contributing to the original posters issues.

DC