586,384 active members*
3,633 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > What would happen if......

What would happen if......

I have recently been introduced to Conversational programming on VM2 and VM1 machines. We all know what happens if you press 'Interupt' whilst tapping. But what would happen if, for instance, I was cutting a groove for an 'O' ring, and I pressed the Interupt button? Would it just go Z+ and break the tool? Or is there a way of programming the machine so as not to allow an interupt until the "Groove" is complete.

I think they call that in Hurco terms an O-ring vent! Unless they have changed the programming since I was there, that is a vertical O-ring vent for sure. The software as far as I know can not step toward center for an I.D. O-ring or conversly step to the outside of and O.D. O-ring. (E,I,E,I, O-ring). Kind of like a horny Rotweiler humping on your leg. Safest thing to do is just let him finish. You may call Hurco U.S. and ask for Gerry Traicoff. He would know for sure either way. But as far as I know....Vertical Venting. Keep on Grooving Man. Sorry I could not help more.

The interrupt cycle is delayed until tap cycle is complete. If I understand your question correctly you're asking about using a keyway type cutter in a bore and the answer is yes the Z will retract & break the tool as there is no "O-Ring" groove cycle.

ML97

Hello

Go to parameters page and find the parameter for Z interrupt cycle. If you chang this setting, the controler will stop at its current postion allowing you to jog the spindle out manualy.

Hope this helps.