586,395 active members*
2,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NX5 Fixture Offset

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and I didn't see a Unigraphics or NX5 section so I figured I'd post here. I'm also new to NX5 and I'm trying to set up the fixture offset (work offset) G54. In other words, I would like to use a work coordinate system to a specific fixture. I hope this makes sense. I don't see anywhere in the documentation to set up the fixture number, and nothing shows up in the post either. Then again I just have a generic fanuc and I'm trying to tweak it.

Thanks for any help

Please, see this:

According your postprocessor you must give real numbers of coordinate system or 1, 2,.. (if postprocessor make operation 53+Fixture Offset)

Thank you very much!!

Edit: I have this set to the local fixture 54 but I don't see anywhere in the post that it's called up. (also tried offset 1). Do you happen to know how to get that output by the post?

Alright I found it in the post too

I currently have it at the bottom of the "start of path" inside the operation start sequence. My old post from featurecam put it in the first move of a new operation.

For example, if it was going to rough a pocket, it would have a comment just like NX, but it would put the fixture offset on the same line as the first code:

G00 G54 X0.0 Y0.0

Is there any way to have NX put G54 in the first line of the operation as well so it isn't on its own line like this:

G54
    G00 X0.0 Y0.0

Thanks.

Yes, it's possible, of course!
    You must to use Postbuilder application for editing of postprocessor.

There are a couple of places where you can add the Fixture Offset in Post Builder.
    Ths simplest method is to add the Gcode to the Rapid Motion block.

The other option is to use the Initial move block - This is the first motion after a tool change. Add A block with the G00 Gcode for the fixture offset and the X motion, Y motion. You may want to Force the output of these blocks so it will always output them after a tool change. I usually add an additional block with the Z motion and the H code (tool length offset)
    John Joyce -NC Programming Supervisor
    Barnes Aerospace, Windsor CT