586,700 active members*
2,933 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Control 00 offset only takes up to .7999

Control 00 offset only takes up to .7999

I have a Daewoo DMC-850v mill with a O-M Fanuc control. I have a couple of problems the 1st being, I can only enter .7999 or smaller number in 00 Work offset, G54-G59 will take any number. Also the Machine readout is in metric while absolute and relative screens are in Inches. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

#0063 bit 0 controls whether the Machine Coordinates are displayed according to the input system or not. Still looking for the 00 offset issue.

#0063 bit 0

dcoupar, Thanks for the reply I will give that a try.

The #00 work offset (aka G52) is actually a register that shifts the other work offsets. The maximum permitted value is ±0.7999. i.e. if G52's X = +0.2500, then all of the other X work offsets are increased by 0.2500.

It is useful when you have a fixture that doesn't have the means to be put back into exactly the same postion once it is removed.

To use it, you record the fixture's individual offsets somewhere when you make it. When you reuse the fixture in the future, you bolt it down (ensuring that the proper edge is indicated), and enter the work offsets as recorded (G55 thru G59). Then, find a known position on the fixture (perhaps (0,0) for G55). If the DRO does not read (0,0), that means that the fixture is not in the same place (it won't) and that the rest of the offsets will also be off by the same amount. Compensate G52 to bring the DRO to the known value.

If you need more than 6 offsets, you can embed them into the program and use G10 to enter them as needed (which is safer because you eliminate the risk of making a mistake as read and enter all those numbers).

Chris Kirchen

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    #0063 bit 0 controls whether the Machine Coordinates are displayed according to the input system or not.
    Do you happen to know if you can change it on a Fanuc 6M? #0063 bit 0 is something else.

Chris Kirchen

I don't think you can change the Machine position display units. According to page 257 of my Fanuc 6M - Model B Operator's Manual: "The unit of the machine coordinate system is the same as that of the machine system."

Chriss thanks for the info, but I do know what the G52 is used for and what the result is when it is changed my problem is that I would like to enter a larger number at times. I have used this in the past on 15, 16, 18 and 21 Fanuc controls. Actually I had thought that I have used this on a 0-m control in the past, but maybe not.

dcoupar:
    Thanks. I've seen that line before, but I was hoping there was a way around it. I loathe having to divide by 25.4 every time I want to enter a work offset.

coondog:
    I think the ±.7999" is a limitation of the 0M control; the designers at Fanuc probably decided that a larger number would be a waste of precious space.

The 15, 16, 18 and 21 controls are newer and they likely have more memory dedicated to these numbers.

Limitations

Chriss:
    I guess one always needs to know his or her limitations in life, mine will have to be a Fanuc 0-M control for now.
    I appreciate the info
    Thanks, Chriss

ckirchen,

We have one machine here with the metric machine units. When we home it out, we zero out the relative coord system (which is in inches) and use that to get the coordinates (and avoid dividing by 25.4). I think there is a parameter to make the relative coords automatically zero out when the machine is homed but i don't have them handy here.

JK

Thanks JK, that's a great idea. I too remember seeing a parameter to zero the relative coords on homing. I'll have to dig through that section of my manual as soon as I get into the shop. Too bad those old manuals aren't on PDF...

Quote Originally Posted by coondog View Post
    I have a Daewoo DMC-850v mill with a O-M Fanuc control. I have a couple of problems the 1st being, I can only enter .7999 or smaller number in 00 Work offset, G54-G59 will take any number. Also the Machine readout is in metric while absolute and relative screens are in Inches. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
    Do you still have the DMC 850 V ? Looking for a copy of the PC Parameters.

Yes I do still have the machine & I do have a copy of the parameters. Give me your email & I will send them over to you.