2,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 4 234

Re: LM8x14CNCbuild

Oh yeah,

I need to power my PMDX-122 BOB:
    Suggestions needed:
    USB: From computer........ from powered USB Hub............ or from a usb wall charger
    OR
    Regulated 5vdc power supply
    OR
    Unregulated 9VAC or 7 to 12vdc

Later,
    Walking is highly over-rated

Ok, my power supply for the steppers has unregulated 32vdc@4a output and a regulated [email protected]......... So, is there a reason I should use separate power supplies? 1 for the BOB and 1 for steppers or can I use this power supply for both?

Chow,

Quote Originally Posted by tauntdesigns View Post
    Oh yeah,

I need to power my PMDX-122 BOB:
    I power both my PMDX-122 boards with 12 VDC directly from the PC power supply. That way the signals from the PC parallel port and the BOB are sharing the same ground which helps the signals levels to remain at proper levels. That's my theory anyway. Powering the BOB from a USB located on the mother board should accomplish the same thing.

I would not feel comfortable powering the steppers and the BOB from the same supply even though I know that eventually if you go back far enough along the chain, all the power shares the same ground at the breaker panel in the building.

Thanks for the reply,

I seem to remember that I shouldn't power the BoB from the stepper power supply, but I wasn't sure if I really remembered that or not. My other control box(mill) has a separate power supply for the BoB.

How are you running the power from the PC to the BoB?

To check things out, I'm going to use a USB cable to power it.

Thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by tauntdesigns View Post
    Thanks for the reply,
    How are you running the power from the PC to the BoB?
    Thanks again,
    One one system I used a DB9 connector mounted on a PCI slot cover to exit the back of the PC and plugged in a DB9 cable. I put another DB9 connector on the control cabinet. I got lazy on the next one and just ran a 2 conductor cable out the back of the PC case through a rubber panel grommet. It's not elegant but I'm the only one who sees it. Simple and cheap are usually my main criteria.

Inside the PC case you can get 12V by splicing into an extra power output. Black is ground and yellow is +12VDC. There may also be a -12V so double check with your meter.

The PMDX-122 has an on board 5V regulator (a 7805). I liked the idea of using the regulated 5V right on the BOB rather than feeding 5V USB through a long cable from the PC. If I remember right, using USB to power the PMDX-122 bypasses the on board regulator and you just get 5V through the USB cable.

I feed the 12V from the PC into the J8 connector, pins 5 and 6. This gives you a regulated 5V output on J5 pin 1 and also J8 pin 1 to use for whatever you want. I have optical home switches that need 5V.

I AM GLAD TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES AS ONE OF THE LEADING SUPPLIERS OF Precision Bearings use for CNC and Machine tool ,AND Radial-Axial bearings WHICH ARE MAKE OF Wafangdian Tianjiu Bearings Technology Co.,Ltd.

WE ARE IN THIS BUSINESS SINCE LAST FIFTEEN YEARS; IN THIS SPAN OF TIME WE HAVE SUPPLIED PRECISION IN ALMOST ALL THE CONTINENTS OF THE WORLD.

BESIDES, WE DEVELOP HIGH-PRECISION YRT ROTATED BEARINGS, MACHINE TOOL MAINSHAFT BEARINGS AND MOTOR PRECISION BEARINGS. THE PRECISIONS OF OUR BEARINGS HAVE REACHED LEVELS OF P5, SP, P4 AND UP.

FEATURED BY HIGH PRECISION, LOW NOISE, HIGH ROTARY SPEED, HIGH QUALITY AND LONG SERVICE LIFE, OUR PRODUCTS SAVE USERS’ COST AND SHORTEN PURCHASE TERM. WIDELY APPLIED TO COMMON MACHINE TOOLS, CNC MACHINE TOOLS, LARGE / MIDDLE MOTORS, PRECISION ROLLING MILLS, ETC., OUR PRODUCTS FILLED THE DOMESTIC BLANKS AND CAN SUBSTITUTE IMPORTED PRODUCTS.

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE PRECISION BEARINGS AND OTHER GOOD QUALITY BEARINGS AVAILABLE, CAN SUPPLY FOR YOU WITH BEST QUALITY.

WE HOPE CAN CORPORATION WITH YOUR COMPANY.

WE CAN SUPPLY OUR BEST PRODUCTS FOR YOU.

THANK YOU !

REGARDS!

--------------------------
    Lixingwen(栗星文)
    Wafangdian Tianjiu Bearings Technology Co.,Ltd.
    (Wafangdian Heavy Bearings Researching & Manufacturing Co.,Ltd.)
    Brand:WZFB
    Web: 瓦房店天久轴承科技有限公司(原 瓦房店重型轴承研究制造有限公司)
    Tel: 0411-85366785
    Fax: 0411-85366785
    Mobile:+86-15942617721
    E-mail:[email protected]
    Q Q : 178702120

Do our best to give customer best service.

Hey guys,

Anybody need some cnc benchtop machines......... I have an X3 mill, Lathemaster 8x14 lathe(same one from this thread), and a 3040T router for sale............ Pick up in OKLAHOMA

My Mom and I have lived together until last Tuesday.......... She passed at 87 years old........... It looks like I'll need to move and won't have a place for my machines.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom.

Thanks,

missing her

Page 4 of 4 234