587,013 active members*
3,791 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anilam 1100 Off line Software?

Hi,

I just acquired and got working an Chevalier 10x50 mill with Anilam 1100 2 axis CNC. I've stumbled through programming a couple parts on the front panel.
    I'd like to find the off line SW for the 1100 but it's NLA. Anyone know where I can find a copy?

I'd also like to find the correct wiring for the RS232 cable if anyone has that.

Anyone have advice on the easiest and cheapest way to program and control from an external PC?

Thanks,
    David B

David,

When I acquired my 1100 equipped 3-axis mill, I knew nothing about CNC. Thinking I needed it to program from my PC, I checked into the off-line software. Anilam quoted almost $400 for it (this was a couple years ago).
    After a little more reading, I decided to buy a copy of Bobcad/Cam instead (Version 20) for not too much more $$$. I've had very good luck with the combination, and glad I went the way I did. In my opinion, it's the best bang-for-the-buck...at least for newbies like me.

Randy

Someone did get me a copy of the off-line SW and I'm really glad I didn't buy it. I would be really pissed if I payed $400 for that poor piece of SW. I've been hearing the same things about Bobcad and am watching for a copy. Still haven't reconciled myself with how much I'm willing to pay yet.
    Thanks,
    David B

---------------------------------
    David,

When I acquired my 1100 equipped 3-axis mill, I knew nothing about CNC. Thinking I needed it to program from my PC, I checked into the off-line software. Anilam quoted almost $400 for it (this was a couple years ago).
    After a little more reading, I decided to buy a copy of Bobcad/Cam instead (Version 20) for not too much more $$$. I've had very good luck with the combination, and glad I went the way I did. In my opinion, it's the best bang-for-the-buck...at least for newbies like me.

Randy

I'd also like to find the correct wiring for the RS232 cable if anyone has that.

I don't have the wiring diagram for the control but to check if your rs232 port is good. Plug in a cable and then make a jumper from a straighten out paper clip and jumper (Plug in)pin 1 and pin 3. Next go to communication right above the g-code converter in F9 utilities. select DNC then any thing you type or number key should appear in both the send and recieve sides. If you only get something in the send side there is a problem. If all is good go to Radio shack and buy a null modem cable adapter. This control difinitely has to have either a null modem cable or an adapter.

I hope some of this might help.

Anilam 110 serial cable

-----------------------------------------------------------

I don't have the wiring diagram for the control but to check if your rs232 port is good. Plug in a cable and then make a jumper from a straighten out paper clip and jumper (Plug in)pin 1 and pin 3. Next go to communication right above the g-code converter in F9 utilities. select DNC then any thing you type or number key should appear in both the send and recieve sides. If you only get something in the send side there is a problem. If all is good go to Radio shack and buy a null modem cable adapter. This control difinitely has to have either a null modem cable or an adapter.

I hope some of this might help.

----------------------------------------------------

I have a jpg of a wiring diagram someone sent me. Basically 3 wires and 2 DB9 female connectors. Wire pin5 to pin5, pin2 to pin3, pin3 to pin2. Send me your email and I can forward you the jpg. I haven't wired this myself. I just picked up a PC serial cable I had been using and tried it and it worked, but this wiring sounds right.

David B