586,354 active members*
3,130 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > X3 CNC Mill Stand Stability?

X3 CNC Mill Stand Stability?

I recently purchased the X3 CNC Mill. The X3 stand that I purchased with the package seems like it is narrow and could be top heavy. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Is the machine stable with machine running on the stand?

Thanks for your input.
    John

I've been running mine on the stand for over a year now, its sat on the supplied adjustable feet on the concrete base of my workshop.

Stability is not a problem, the lack of a coolant tray & any form of shielding is.

Although the X3 is heavy, all that weight runs vertically down almost the centre line of the stand, the table moving around even at G0 with my heavy vice mounted doesn't make it wobble.

Dont know how it would behave on a flexi timber floor but the stand is certainly strong & rugged enough.

Cool Great on concrete.

Mine is no problem on concrete floor even with the head RIGHT at the top.
    On a timber floor I think it would be no good. Put it on a 3/8" plate if the floor is wooden, with a few welded bumps to keep the feet form skidding.
    I reduced my rapids, so my brain could keep up. 100 ipm X, Y and 60 ipm Z. and rapid stops are not a problem. I use 2 separate setup files, one for manual use slowed to human speed, and the other for fast stuff.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.