586,131 active members*
2,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Motor Tuning and motor "wake up" ...?

Motor Tuning and motor "wake up" ...?

JGRO is up and running... well almost. I have all the motors jogging now, but one of my axis (x-axis) doesn't seem to like the initial movement after it has gone into sleep mode when not being used for 10 seconds. When I press the right arrow on the keypad initially or use jogging commands, the motor makes a humming noise but doesn't rotate. If I just tap the jog or right arrow once to "wake up" the motor, I can then move the axis with no issue. As soon as I let the motor sit with no movement for ten seconds and then go to hold down the movement command, it just makes noise.

Also, what should I set the motor steps per inch, acceleration in/sec/sec, and velocity in/per min at for my 305 oz motors and hobby cnc pro driver board? All installed on a JGRO. I'm past the build so this is the fun part, but very crucial to setting up the table for cutting operations! Thanks!

Matt

Take a look at the series of posts addressing disabling the idle current reduction feature on the HobbyCNC boards

Quote Originally Posted by tonybert View Post
    Take a look at the series of posts addressing disabling the idle current reduction feature on the HobbyCNC boards
    Thanks! I just read them and realize I can either use a jumper to eliminate idle current reduction OR modify the current control on the board!

Matt