586,732 active members*
2,882 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Are VXB.com bearings good?

Hi there,

I was looking at ebay for cheap linear bearings, and I found out there's a website, www.vxb.com , that sells quite cheap linear bearings. For example 4x 25mm bearings for $24,95. They are brand new. C img below.

I was wondering whether there is a catch here. Because normally, new bearings like that would cost at least $15, probably more. They say these bearings compare with the cheap bearing lines of the big bearing companies. The code on them is LME25UU. Does this relate them to any known brand?

Does anyone have bearings from this website? They also have an ebay store btw, and they have lots of other bearings.

For I am evil >

Just a subtle kick...

People might recognise this ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/VXB-Bearings-...rd-and-Slotcar
    This is basically the same store.
    For I am evil >

Evil,
    I bought these for some cnc projects and they are fine for the money. Like anything I would not put them on a production machine, but for the weekender, hobby person they fit the bill and are priced correctly. You sure can not beat the price, and for low production equipment they will be just fine. If your buiding something that will be working day in and day out, and could cost you some time (ie - money) if they go down, then spend a bit more and go for the better "name brands" out there. Also, if you can, design them into the project for easy removal if possiable. Good luck.
    Glen

Would they have enough precision to mill soft metals, like alu and copper? Bacause my machine would have to be able to do that.
    And a more general question: In general, are bigger bearings more precise or smaller bearings? Or is there no difference?
    For I am evil >

Evil,
    They will work fine, especially on the softer metals and most likely hold up well for the steels as well. As for the precision, you will not notice any added accuracy with small over large. But you will get longer lasting (for the most part) because of the larger "bearing surface" will spread the work forces around better, again this is in general.
    If you have doubts try to make the bearings easy access and you can change them if/when they fail. Good luck, like I said I have been using them with success and sure like the price.
    Glen

I've bought other bearings from him. Good service.
    What's the price and availability of metric drill rod or linear shaft? My Enco catalog shows up to 25mm in drill rod. That 's the only reference I have though.

Chris

Well obviously, here in the Netherlands, the metric shafts are available. I've seen them for about €30 /m for 25mm diameter. But I should be able to find them cheaper.
    For I am evil >

Evilness,

Sorry, I didn't notice that you were from the Netherlands.
    Since then I have looked at his website and seen that he also offers metric shafting with some of his bearings.
    Here in the US most of the catalogs show several columns of inch sizes and only one column of metric sizes. To me that means more expensive, most of the time.

Good Luck,
    Chris