586,968 active members*
4,284 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Camaster

Page 5 of 16 3456715

Hybrid View

kustom

sorry i was a sleep!!, wincnc has a start from line # feature i have had to use it, i'll get to a computer that hads win cnc and we'll get to it, send cut to the bone a pm and tell him what happened! jim

in win cnc

go to file

then restart command.
    what type of support did shop sabre provide, also wincnc will help jim

I did the File>restart> located my file> saw what line it stopped on>hit ok and them the start in win cnc and nothing.

the one other time I got it to work I stopped a job 3 times.

I did the above procedure and hit ok then start. the cnc fired up to the RPM set and moves to where it will start. it then said something like Ready to start hit ENTER> I hit enter and away it went. so I have done it before but on this job it would not it just kept saying ERROR: BOUNDRY EXCEEDED and I had to run it from the beginning.

No SS support at 9 PM plus I think I pissed them off when I told them some stuff about their machine and the delivery date.

I can't complain about the accuracy though. I was able to do this, I don't know if this is special or not a big deal but I though it was pretty cool that I was able to do this.

the pictures below is (2) 17" x 50" 1/4" acrilic clear sheets. I used 3M 94 CA contact spray used for counter tops and stuck the two paper covered sheets together, making it .478" thick, them I took off the bottom layer in a spot to measure. then it measures .470" so then I told the cnc to Z Zero on top and cut .472" deep and the result is I cut through the material and am able to not cut throught the .008" thick paper backing.

I said I don't know if this is anything new to anyone but I thought it was pretty cool plus it helps hold the parts together and did not cut into my top at all.

Oh the way I held the whole thing to the table was that 2 sided Crepe tape I was talking about. Worked great.

I can see if I had a vacume table that this trick of not cutting throught the paper would keep the vacume suction up also. later.

if any one else knows what I did wrong that it would not let me restart du to a ERROR: BOUNDRY EXCEEDED let me know. thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc cut 4.JPG   cnc cut 3.JPG   cnc cut 2.JPG   cnc cut 1.jpg  

tool I broke last night at line 30,232 or something and when I wanted to do the restart and was unable to.

Bit tempeture was 85 degress when it snapped
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Freud.jpg  

kustom

that looks good, got another sign job, .30 per inch sign foam and 100.00 per square ft. 3d

what was this plexi used for ??

people are using two fein vacuums for table with great success bought two on friday and will let you know jim

It is a local place called Custom Plastics.

he is a shop that makes all kinds of stuff with plastics.

shapes, plaques, holders, panels, boxes ect. all made of acrilic plastics.

if you have a shop like this in your area you should check with them. this job was 4 16x23" panels with 15Wx10H 1 3/16" holes with 5/16" spacing. just cut the holes and no clean up just give the sheet back and he does with it what he does. the other job was some odd end shapes.

my problem was I went back to him with a bid to do the first job of 60 parts for $180 he told me he gets it from somewhere else for $60

the second job he had was 4 of those 16x23 sheets with 150 holes. Quotes $120 and he said he would pay $20 ea so $80

My bid $ 300

what he would pay $140

Hours to complete with design 4Hr

Broke $35 bit

$105 profit

$25Hr made shops costs $32 hr to run I lost $28 to do this work for him. Isn't business Great!!!

CNC Camaster Girl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc CAMASTER GIRL.jpg  

for the record

ben of bensmillwork found this and the detail is incredible

http://www.3dmodelclub.com/index.php...hk=1&Itemid=93

we have hooked up fein turboIII

in addition to our regen blower and man what a difference the only pull 7.5hg
    +/- but 2 feins and the regen are at 700cfms doing the job video later

pds columbo

break in of new spindles
    http://pdscolombo.com/pdf/Spindle%20...ure%207-07.pdf

and care

http://pdscolombo.com/pdf/PDS%20Spindle%20Care%2007.pdf

great site, i have ordered new fan blades and now they are to loud so i will switch to electric fans

http://pdscolombo.com/support.html

fellows

on thursday we got a visit from "paul" of charllotte nc he is looking for his next machine and i hope he will consider camaster as i am sooo hopeing he'll
    join our growing group of support, i am so grateful he came not only to see an 8 year old machine with 1/2 stepper motors but because he was so helpful in teaching my guys some important basics of cnc software and operations,

the new machine we are getting from bill is sooo much further along with the atc and such but paul was able to give them a glimpse of what is comming our way

i do not have paul's permission to use his full name here but i do want to say thank you and hope he'll review my machine here jim

Hi,

Sorry to but in here, but I can't find much info on these machines. I have been to their website and it isn't to informative. I ask for info and got a phone call from someone(sorry forgot his name) I ask him to send me some more info, specs etc. but haven't seen a thing in two weeks. He seemed to be more about Art Cam training than the machine it's self.

There isn't much here on this brand other than this thread. Seems strange, How many of these are out there? Their own forum is basically vacant.

I am going to purchase a cnc router within the next 60-90 days I would like a 4th axis, or at least one that can be installed later.

I make mostly custom furniture now no cabinets, and would like to be able to also do carved mantels, newell(?sp) post, corbels etc.

Are these machines made in the USA? They look like the Chinese machines.

Should I just scratch these guys off the list?

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
    Scott

i post here because i have one

and i speak to bill glenn every few days there are quite a few machines out there that bill has built and i speak with some of them also, yes bill did sell the chinese machines and they are still are on his site, if you want one they are available from other companies in the us. they are widely discussed on this forum under excitech. i believe you spoke to a salesman (the artcam ) i would call again and ask for joey or bill they can help you if you wish you can pm me and i'll get you in touch

i can say i like my machine and i have ordered another with the lathe, spent most of tonight on the software there are several to choose from, yes i also have found it is hard to get a lot of support on a comercial forum but bill, josh, joey and the other camaster owners i keep up with have been very helpful there are machines in wilmington, camden sc, columbia sc several in fla, california and georgia as well that i know of

scott what part of the country are you in, i would say that camaster is not all things to all people, i like the fact that they are a small company and build two to four machines a month. i have been in woodwork for twenty years and am grateful for these fellows they certanly have made the transformation to cnc a lot less difficult than i expected.

and i will confess i post as i hope to build more support among this size of machine as i hope to build more of my business around cnc

any way thanks for asking
    jim mcgrew
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_2172.JPG   DCP_2088.JPG   DCP_2880.JPG   IMG_0691.JPG  

hilton hotels

this little switch cover was requested by our local hilton hotel after they saw the logo in vcarvepro the want all kinds of goodies,, the cabinets in the sweet shop were done with cabinetpartspro, ryan of cpp has a vew version coming soon and has let me play with it. he is making really good headway with it but as you can see it (cpp) is a very usable program as it is. i cut the wine racks with vcarvepro as well

scott thanks for contacting me i hope my info was what you were looking for jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1345.JPG   IMG_1351.JPG   IMG_1346.JPG  

neighbor ran over moms mail box

so i got to build her a new one with vcarve jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1406.JPG  

at camaster

it's worth the ride out here in the mountains of georgia just for the scenery!!

craig is here to pick up a 4x8 w atc and a 4x8 is being finished at the same time, the blue machine is being built for a fellow who will cut deep foam (high z) we will spend the day here in training.

oh an the machine upside down is mine!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1436.JPG   IMG_1437.JPG   IMG_1435.JPG  

cabnet636,

Very nice work!

Free DXF - vectorink.com

thank you!!

jim

havin a blast

kieth g godwin cabinetworks

various works in play!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2194.JPG   IMG_2189.JPG   IMG_2198.JPG   IMG_2199.JPG  

IMG_2202.JPG   IMG_2203.JPG  

Page 5 of 16 3456715