586,154 active members*
3,759 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Haas VF2 Door Switch

Hi, I am new to this site and have a question.

I just got a new VF2 and it was just set up today. My question is how to disable the door switch at start up?
    The tech did this while he was working with the machine and I watched him do this, but after he left I powered down the machine and was not able to disable the switch when I started back up.

Can anyone help?

you have to go into the parameters and there is one for the door switch which you just turn off. I cant remember the parameter number though.

I would leave it turned on. It's not only safer but it's actually handy. You can just open the door and the spindle will slow to 200 RPM and goes into feed-hold as well. You can still jog, change tools, etc, etc with the door open.

Assuming you know that it's dangerous with the door open and truly want to live on the edge:
    1. Press Settings
    2. Press Page Down until you see Door Hold Override (Setting 51)
      (shortcut to hunting for it: type 51, then press the down arrow button--it'll find it for you)
    3. Press Write/Enter to select it
    4. Press right arrow to change it, then press Write/Enter
    5. Press Y when it tells you that your unborn children will be born with hooves if you choose to turn the door safety off.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Greg

Living on the edge

Greg,
    Thanks for the info.
    I replaced another machine without a door switch with the Haas, so I am just used to being able to open the door without any effect on the machine.
    I geuss it's just one of those things I will have to get use to.
    Thanks again!

Greg,
    I replaced another machine without a door switch with the Haas, so I am just use to being able to open the door without any affect on the machine.
    I'm sure I will get use to it.
    Here's to living on the edge.
    Thanks Jerry

Sorry about the double post.
    It did not show up right away, so I thought it did not go threw.
    Newbe!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
    I would leave it turned on. It's not only safer but it's actually handy. You can just open the door and the spindle will slow to 200 RPM and goes into feed-hold as well. You can still jog, change tools, etc, etc with the door open.......
    You can also go into the Parameters and change the speed that the spindle slows down to when the door hold is active.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Geof: The ever present font of knowledge.

It never ceases to amaze me how much you know about these machines. Thank you for that. I might be able to use it someday.

It also kinda' makes me wonder why Haas made some of the other settings non-adjustable (per other discussions on this site--can't remember 'em right now).
    Greg

Door Interlock Problem

I have a haas VF3 about a 1995 model, I tried the above method to override the switch and when I go back to the setting (51) it shows the interlock is off but when I try to run a command in MDI it still comes up with "Door Open".
    Could I be missing something?

BTW the command line is as follows, G90 G00 G54 X0 Y0

Quote Originally Posted by wynepro View Post
    I have a haas VF3 about a 1995 model, I tried the above method to override the switch and when I go back to the setting (51) it shows the interlock is off but when I try to run a command in MDI it still comes up with "Door Open".
    Could I be missing something?

BTW the command line is as follows, G90 G00 G54 X0 Y0
    Go to your diagnostics page and look a the the "DISCREAT INPUTS" the one that says Door/Sfty Switch. This should go 0 & 1 when you open and close the door. Some times the switches can stick and also the strikers can vibrate down and not make contact with the switches. Hope this helps.

Andrew.