586,788 active members*
2,780 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

table tilting problem

ok i have a slight problem, two days ago i got a longer table for my "bf-20" mill and i have a slight problem with the adjustment i have some tilting i would say about 0.003" to 0.004" on a distance of 6" i did play with the gibs but even with them tighten all the way i get those reading, i can easly see oil been pushed out when i push up and down on the table in between the table and the y saddle the only way i can minimize it more is by tightning the two lock screw in the front but this is not an option since it locks down the table any idea would be appreciated
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

ok never mind i found the problem the gibs and the dovetail of the new table do not match... well not that it does not match but the with of the dovetail of the new table is slightly smaller so ounce the screw was screwed all the way the gibs still had some play so well i found a temporary fix by adding some masking tape to the back of the gibs wich made it a bit thicker by 0.005 but it could still be a bit thicker cuz i still get about 0.0015 of play when i push up and down so ill try to see if i can find a 8"x0.5"x0.006 strip of shim since a shim wont also have the squishiness of the masking tape
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne