587,066 active members*
3,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SheetCam > How to stop backcutting of ramps?

How to stop backcutting of ramps?

I'm a newbie at SheetCAM and machining.... I've just created my first part in SheetCAM which is to mill a hexagonal hardwood plywood plate with some holes in it. The holes are 5/8" diameter and I'm using a 1/8" diameter cutter. I've selected a 30 degree ramp and arc lead-in. I think this makes sense.

When I run the test in Mach3 (and subsequently in some test foam) the machine arcs down, then backs up to remove the ramp and continues to cut the hole ending.... I'm not sure as the process is so fast.

My question is: How can I tell SheetCAM to ramp down but NOT back up to remove the ramp... and then to go forwards a bit beyond the "start" of the plunge to remove the ramp at the end of the hole's run (rather than backing up to get rid of it at the beginning of the run?

-- Rich --

I am afraid you can't stop it at the moment. I do intend to add the option to turn of the back cut but it will be a while before I get to it.

Les