586,936 active members*
2,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Gibbscam merge with Cimatron.....Is this true??

Gibbscam merge with Cimatron.....Is this true??

Gibbs will be merged with and into a newly established U.S. subsidiary of Cimatron, according to an announcement by Cimatron Limited (Givat Shmuel, Israel) and Gibbs System, Inc., aka Gibbs & Associates (Moorpark, CA).

The combined company's annual revenues are expected to exceed $40M, making Cimatron one of the top 10 CAM software vendors.

Bringing together the CimatronE integrated CAD/CAM suite for toolmaking with the GibbsCAM CAD/CAM software for programming CNC machine tools will allow the merged company to offer a product portfolio for all segments of the CAM market, from mold and die making, through 2.5- and 5-axes production, to mill-turn and multitasking machining. Plus, the combined distribution networks of Cimatron and Gibbs complement each other, providing coverage of target markets worldwide, including North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.

Yes, it is true.

Cadman or any Gibbscam users

It has been a while since I used Gibbscam I have a 2005 seat and we switched to MC & Pro-e Manufacture.

Since then I never played with Gibbscam. I got some specific question that I never figured it out when I was using the software.

1. Multipasses on contour like in MCX is this possible
    2. Lead in/out on the middle of the contour toolpath.
    3. On solids how can you check the dimensions Horizontal, Vertical & depth. Just to check. I know about the quick profiler but what I want is to get a dimension like in 2D

Please advice
    thanks
    Burgerboy

1. Yes, you can do multiple pases.

2. Closed contours - you can lead-in or lead-out anywhere on the contour. There are also plenty of entry/exit options.

3. The Show Position shows the XYZ position of the point you click on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails entry_exit.jpg  

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response.

1. The thumbnail you showed what version is that? I dont have that selection Version 7.7 on my contour process. I only have the Contour, Solid & Open sides.
    No Entry & Exit folder.

2. Show position is kinda weak. I thought about that but I thought there was a better way. Can you show me a thumbnail of this. I know show position is a plug-in.

Question:

1. I was told that if you convert your Solid Models to Step files in Gibbscam that you would have an actual History tree.

2. How do you convert your solid files Gibbscam in the way that you have points. so you can do a Show position Plug-in.

3. Multipass? How.....The way I did it before is doing Springpass and incrementally moving stock +/-.......

Thanks Again

Burgerboy

Quote Originally Posted by burgerboy View Post
    Thanks for the quick response.

1. The thumbnail you showed what version is that? I don't have that selection Version 7.7 on my contour process. I only have the Contour, Solid & Open sides.
    No Entry & Exit folder.

2. Show position is kinda weak. I thought about that but I thought there was a better way. Can you show me a thumbnail of this. I know show position is a plug-in.

Question:

1. I was told that if you convert your Solid Models to Step files in Gibbscam that you would have an actual History tree.

2. How do you convert your solid files Gibbscam in the way that you have points. so you can do a Show position Plug-in.

3. Multipass? How.....The way I did it before is doing Springpass and incrementally moving stock +/-.......

Thanks Again

Burgerboy

I have GibbsCAM 2007, V8.7.9 . If you leave the position plug-in open when rendering toolpaths it shows the tool position as it cuts.

I don't know about STEP files in Gibbs. I didn't buy that option because I don't work with STEP files.

The Show Position plug-in is for interrogating solids, not geometry. To get a position for points on a solid, use the Select Face tool and select a surface, use the profiler to set a geometry plane, or slice the solid, then extract geometry. You can cut your geometry any number of ways to get the points needed. The Mouse position will give a quick look at a points position, or use the Dimension Tool.

For multiple contour passes you create a contour process then use the Offset Contour plug-in. This creates additional contour processes that you can edit anyway you like. The multiple processes together create a single operation tile.

I'll attach images for you later. The Manage Attachments app is not working at the moment.

cadman

Thanks

This answered my questions. Unfortunately my version of Gibbscam doesn't have those plug-in on version 7.7 that you mentioned creating Multipasses.

Thanks again
    Burgerboy

Although you are using an older version, I'll upload the pics anyways since I have them with me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails geo extract.jpg   mouse position.jpg   offset contour.jpg   profiler.jpg  

show position.jpg   tool position.jpg  

I see!!!

Cadman,

Many thanks for your help. Yes my gibbscam is an older version that is why I cannot see those stuff that I am looking for. Those thumbnails gave me an idea on how those new plug-ins are being use.

Thanks again.

To all Gibbscam users

I will be terminating my Gibbscam Post site soon. Thanks to all that shared me there post......KNOW WHO YOU ARE........

http://burgerboy.home.infionline.net/Gibbscam/

Burgerboy

To Gibbs USERS.......Gibbscam PDF Tutorials

FOUND THIS SITE

You can download Gibbscams PDF tutorials and others here

http://www.kxcad.net/Gibbs/index.htm

http://www.kxcad.net/index.html

for others PDF you need Featurecam, Surfcam etc

Hope this helps all users

Burger

Hello!

What is in GibbsCAM that you can't find in Cimatron - I'm not talking about market - or it is the market?