587,043 active members*
3,133 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Selling up and moving back

Well things have changed for me. I have now decided to sell up and move back to S.A. So my previous post http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48648
    is definitely for sale now. Price for the "package" as described is $2,500.
    I am also putting all my machinery on the market as well.
    So anyone in Tassie looking for a lathe, drill/mill, bandsaw, benchsaw,10c.f.m compressor,AC/DC HF Tig Welder, engine crane, plus heaps of other useful crap
    Email [email protected] for more info

Deane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo745 View Post
    ....Price for the "package" as described is $2,500.
    I am also putting all my machinery on the market as well...Deane.
    I could be interested in this.

I make speaker enclosures to the Bill Fitzmaurice design - refer - www.billfitzmaurice.com

The main material is 1/2" plywood and there are various shapes and sizes, some having curved cutouts, others dado routs etc.

There are also compound angles to be cut into trapezoid shapes.

Would your machine be able to do this?

Harley

G'day Harley,
    My machine would cut through plywood like butter. I have use it to cut out wood, plastics, brass and aluminum. It has cut brackets out of 16mm. thick aluminium.
    The table area is approximately 900mm. x 900mm. The effective cutting area is approximately 650mm. 650mm.
    If you can design a part in a cad program, then it can cut it basically. Some jobs may require multiple toolpaths to achieve the final product.
    Basically any 2D design shouldn't be a problem. It could do 3D model designs within the size limitations of the machine.
    These are only general answers, as I don't know what size jobs you are talking about.
    I know people who use similar size machines to make custom guitars, and even do custom inlay work etc. on the guitars.
    If you would like more info you can email me at [email protected]
    In case you hadn't noticed, I am located in Tasmania. So shipping would be something to consider.

Yeah gidday!

I'm not sure if I need 3d capabilities.

The only difficult parts ( that I see ) are where there is a trapezoid or triangle shape and two opposite sides may have say a 12 degree angle cut.

All the rest of the cuts would be perpendicular right angle cuts.

There are also some parts which require cutting at an arc of say 24" ( the cab designs are in imperial ) x 1-/2" wide and about 26" long - sort of like ribs on a boat except the cuts are perpendicular.

I gather there would be no problem clamping and/or programming the machine to do this?

Without actually seeing a sample or drawing I can't really give you an honest answer.
    The odd shapes etc wouldn't be a problem, but you might be pushing the limits in relation to
    size if you are talking 26" plus.
    Some of the more learned members might be able to answer your questions better than me.
    I have only used the machine for basic sign type work, and cut some odd shaped brackets etc.
    There are not too many things you can't do with these things, it is usually how good the software you use, and how well you can use that software, as to what result you achieve.

Harley,
    I read your PM and you are right about jigs and templates.
    On the same hand the time and effort required to make a jig or template is probably comparable to designing the part in CAD.
    Where CNC would win, is how easily you can modify your base design file to suit your needs.
    Compared to the making of jigs and templates, most of which are "one off" and not easily modified.
    I guess it's a case of once you have one, you wonder how you ever got by without one. They are just so versatile.
    The CNC Router and all my other gear is going in the local tradingpost paper this week.
    I will let you know if it sells.

Harley have you priced a machine through www.syselaser.com based in New Zealand.
    Says price includes shipping. These are true industrial quality machines.
    The spindle alone is probably worth more than my whole cnc package.

Doesn't seem to be much interest in Tasmania at the moment for my machine.

For a local buyer I am willing to bring my price down a bit to reflect freight costs.
    If it doesn't sell before I move, I'll be packing it with all my other gear and transporting it to South Oz.
    This is going to cost me extra, but there will one more CNC Router in crow-eater country.

So wake up Tasmanians and get yourself a bargain before it heads back to the mainland.

Just a quick amendment to my ad.
    I have sold my Lathe & Compressor, but all the other gear is still for sale.

Thanks to all who enquired, but the CNC Router has been SOLD to a local Hobart company.