586,103 active members*
3,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Sharp CNC > changing result of alarm

changing result of alarm

Many times while running long programs I have got a drop of coolant splashed on the sensor, and you get the "spindle pocket with tool" alarm, the program stops executing but the spindle keeps running, hitting the big green button will not restart, I have to reset and rerun all that air.

Question is, is there a setting I can alter so that the alarm pops up, but doesnt stop the program? Sharp super mini with OIMC control.

I've not had that issue with mine. But the ladder is accessable. I'd give Ed Hurst a call at the LA office. Either Ed or Charlton will have an answer for you

If anyone wants to know, i found that this can be changed. Rep was hear a couple weeks ago, IIRC he changed a digit in dgn. It is in the book. I should have posted back when it was fresh on my mind, but I forgot I posted this. Anyway, now I can put the coolant where it needs to go and not worry about the alarm stopping the program, but I have to make sure that I watch what I am doing with tool changing, and not try to put one where one already is.