586,105 active members*
3,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Ok I know how to save all Prg. on my flash card but,How

Ok I know how to save all Prg. on my flash card but,How

do I load the "all programs" file from the card back to the machine, and make all the prg. seperate. Do I need to clear the prg. memory before I up load the revised prg's or will it overwrite all 289 of them and keep the same prg #'s ??

I run a lathe with an 18-i TB and I am going to have to change some of my tool blocks around. I have to change some of the T#'s around in about 289 different programs. Thank God for search and replace.

bump

ok I know somebody knows the answer to this question.
    How about it guys???

One way is to create one big file of all programs seperated by O numbers. A percent sign at the top and bottom of the file. The programs will be named by the O# at the begining of each individual program. This is the way I save my sub programs so the operator does not have to download each program one by one.

Mark

Parameter 3201 bit 2?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Replace Programs when Upload.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by theemudracer View Post
    bump

ok I know somebody knows the answer to this question.
    How about it guys???
    No the programs will not overwrite the exsisiting, You have to either change them in the new file before you transfer baclk to the NC or delete the old programs. You can do a mass delete by EDIT O0001,O8999 DELETE this wipes out everything from program 1 to 8999 if that is what you are looking to take out.
    Then to upload from the card go to EDIT hit the right soft key until you see CARD hit CARD then OPERATOR untill you see F-Read hit F-Read imput the file number on the card by 1 F-Set EXEC if you did it right you should see the umbers scroll.
    I am sure this is it it is hard to write it down if you are not at the control

Bluesman

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    No the programs will not overwrite the exsisiting, You have to either change them in the new file before you transfer baclk to the NC or delete the old programs. You can do a mass delete by EDIT O0001,O8999 DELETE this wipes out everything from program 1 to 8999 if that is what you are looking to take out.
    Then to upload from the card go to EDIT hit the right soft key until you see CARD hit CARD then OPERATOR untill you see F-Read hit F-Read imput the file number on the card by 1 F-Set EXEC if you did it right you should see the umbers scroll.
    I am sure this is it it is hard to write it down if you are not at the control

Bluesman
    i would not advise deleteing the 8000 series programs, some times the machine builder uses them in the machine
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Quote Originally Posted by cnc-king View Post
    i would not advise deleteing the 8000 series programs, some times the machine builder uses them in the machine
    Well that was just a quick exsplination, I am going on the thought that Jon knows what he needs to wipe out. I use 9000 for my macros and such most MB use 9000 and up but yes some MB use 8000, Like Chiron for instance

Bluesman

Thanks Richard and dcoupar, just what I needed.

Roger on the O8000-O9000 prgs cnc king. That is where I store all my macros that I write. I dont think my MB stores anything in there, at least they are not visible with the other O8000 and O9000 prg#'s.