586,396 active members*
3,166 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Feeds, Speeds & general questions

Feeds, Speeds & general questions

Im setting the SX3 mill purchased for our showroow (We are Syil agent in Argentina) and I have doubts regarding feed & speeds, here are the actual settings:

Unit is milimeters, port speed is 35Khz

My questions:

What I noticed is the spindle takes around 15 seconds to reach 1500RPM (more if faster) can this be improved?

Also, can the axis be faster, at least for the rapids?
    Mach is set at 35khz, I guess by setting it at 25Khz it would move faster right?

Are the drivers protected from motor disconnection? I ask this because I purchased the 4th axis table option, but its not on the table all the time, to be able to remove it when not in use would be great.

Regarding stepper motor temperature, what temperature is normal? the 4th axis motor gets warm to the point is not comfortable to touch, I can measure temperature if some one asks a more precise value.

I think these questions are more than enough for this post, will ask more later for sure.

Thanks in advance!

no one?

I would contact Frans in Australia for the correct metric settings.

Spindle delay was implemented to overcome the limiting size of the capacitors on the spindle main board. The slow rampup keeps things very reliable. No, it can't be changed.

Steppers work by having the current run throug both phases for holding power, thus generating heat. Heat is normal and they are good upto 180 degrees F. You are probably seeing 110-120, which is normal.

25khz is slowest, the higher the number the higher the plus speed, the faster the machine.
    Direction, Commitment, Follow Through