586,111 active members*
3,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New Koike Aronson Machine

We just purchased a new machine with controler and are now having issues with it. It is cutting circles 1/2" to 1" off. It is also cutting parts small by 2" at random. We just cut 10 of the same parts but one of the middle ones cut 2" smaller than all the rest. Anyone have and idea on what could be wrong. I need help ASAP.

1) have you contacted Koike Aronson

2) check for binding with machine movement. maybe an encoder issue

3) I have run into hole size issues when I entered kerf conpensation value with the decimal point in the wrong location.

Thanks
    Gene

Thanks for the help. We have Koike and Promotion working on the issue. Neither have said they have seen this before. Our kerf is correct at 0.005 it just does not make since because it is not the same problem each time it does something different.

We had a similar problem (not Koike though) and it ended up being kerf problems and machine profile in the programming software we have. It was fixed. Check with the software people first.

Have you tried doing it with a pen trace? Trial mode the part or nest you are cutting if all is good with a pen trace, then I would be looking at the plasma as the culprit. The plasma noise may be doing something to it. If it pen traces fine, then check grounding of everything.