586,320 active members*
4,154 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Tree VMC-840 with delta 20M

Tree VMC-840 with delta 20M

We are looking to buy one of these and attempt adding PC based controls on it to modernize it a bit. Hoping someone can comment on the mill whether it is worth messing with or not. I cannot find a good spec sheet for it and hoping it at least has rigid tapping?? Any info on this machine would be appreciated. As I understand it and from owning a 250, They are hell for stout and the mechanics of them are good but the good old dynapath crap is the downfall. I hate my 40 so I know I will hate the 20M. Hoping we can dump the control and use the motion control stuff to make a more user friendly unit. Ideas?

Red face Owner

I boufgt a good running Tree 840 VMC Dyna Path Delta 20 control. with rigid tapping, extended mem. and abunch of other add on's. The only problem I have found is that my X and Y are backwards. Never ran a Tree before, is this normal?
    Other than that it is a work horseof a machine. They wern't made from sheet metal and plastic back then.
    Also, Looking for a 4th axis.
    If you have any info I would appreatiate what ever I can find.
    Thanks,
    Vicslmn

Bob1112 -

As I recall, Tree machine sold rigid tapping as an option. That is to say they sold a turn on for the option, but the machines all had the encoder to do Rtapping.

Vicslmn -

I don't recall any of the machines being backwards. I remember themm using the cartesian coordinate system correctly. i.e. the table would move the part so the spindle ended up in the correct X,Y location relative to zero. Check to see if mirror image is turned on in the setup screen - I believe you could do it by axis. Otherwise, I suppose the params could be "backwards".