586,354 active members*
3,315 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Does V-Carve ever go on sale?
Page 1 of 2 12

Does V-Carve ever go on sale?

I refuse to pay full price for anything over $20.00, and I am convinced that V-Carve is the right software for me. So does anybody know if it ever goes on sale?

-Jim

Not so far, and doubt it will any time soon, the software is worth it IMO. Don't forget not only you get the software but you get great support and also the support of their forum and experience from may who use it, Allot of other software you will get, you will find out to get an answer or examples on how to do different projects will simply not be there. But if you refuse to buy anything at full price that is your choice, and I would think you will be waiting a while.

This reminds me of my mom who will drive across town to get an item on sale. (she spends more on gas than she saves on an item). LOL

Joe

Kingjamez,

Vectric products MORE than pay for themselves in just the first couple of paying jobs. Compare Vectric VCarve's features, ease of use, minimal learning curve, fantastic (and quick) tech support, no cost to low cost product updates, great user forum, built in raster to vector conversion, and a growing feature set to similar applications and you will see that VCarve Pro is ALREADY ON SALE.

If you haven't already, download the trial version of the software and give it a try for yourself. Browse through the Vectric forum to see what everyone else is talking about and doing with Vectric's software offerings.

Just 2¢ worth from a more than satisfied customer.
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

V Carve is my first CAD program and the price was a bit of a shock to me at first. After having and using it I find the price is small for what it can do. I am amazed. I haven't even used all the features so I still have a lot to look forward to. If I added up the time it has saved me from me trying to figure out how to do things on my own, it's worth it. It's a good program.....great support.....good help from the forum. I don't know if it's the best but if it does everything I need so why keep searching? When I find my keys...I stop looking for them

VCARVE PRO 4.5 is marvellous:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjamez View Post
    I refuse to pay full price for anything over $20.00, and I am convinced that V-Carve is the right software for me. So does anybody know if it ever goes on sale?

-Jim
    In that case as you never pay full price for anything over $20 and just as a one off for you, make 35 payments of $17.11 :violin:

Dido to everything that was already said!

I'm a bit confused....why do you never pay full price for anything over $20 ? If you can't afford it then I'd say save your pennies for as long as required and eventually you'll have an excellent piece of software which is worth every cent (And then some!). If however you can afford it, but you just have some sort of issue with the figure '20'....well your missing out, because it really is excellent software, and well worth the price. Good luck whatever you decide.

I don't know why I'm getting flack for asking if the software goes on sale. Mach, BobCad, Alibre, etc. all do. I have no problem affording the software, that's because I'm a very frugal person...

No need to sing the praises of the software to me. I'm throughly convinced it is great stuff. I always look for the best deal possible on any major purchase.

-Jim

Your best bet is to buy right before a new version is released, as you'll usually get the upgrade for free, even if the new version costs more. The downside to that is you might be waiting several months. If you'd purchased just prior to the current version release, it was about $100 cheaper than it is now.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Jim,

No flak intended. You could always purchase one of the Vectric 'Bundles' and save that way. The more you spend, the more you save! (He said, tongue in cheek. I always hate that phrase when I hear it on the radio or the television.)

Seriously, though, I purchased the VCarve Pro + PhotoVCarve bundle a while back and have kicked myself several times now for not shelling out the extra for Cut3D at the same time. Oh well, live and learn. My birthday and Christmas are right around the corner, maybe I'll treat myself and finally collect the whole set.

If you want to save some serious cash, you could purchase VCarve Pro and use it to make some spectacular gifts for your friends, family and co-workers this holiday season out of some scrap wood and plastic you probably have lying about the shop. No it wouldn't be the same thing as purchasing VCarve 'on sale' but the savings from all the cool presents you made would be one heck of a rebate.

Just a thought...
    HayTay

Again, no flak intended. Just curious about why you picked $20....or was it just a figure of speech...text....speech....you know what I mean!

Hi, the $20.00 thing is just a general rule for me. Under that (ie. groceries) I just buy the item. Over that and I try my best to find the lowest price available. For instance, I'm wanting to buy the Harbor Freight 4x6 bandsaw. It is currently on sale for $159.00, I know that in a couple months it will be at $149.00, so I'll wait. I'm never in a hurry with my hobbies, I figure the more I save, the more stuff I can have.

I save thousands of dollars every year by being patient and looking for the best deal on everything from shoes to cars.

-Jim

I'm wanting to buy the Harbor Freight 4x6 bandsaw. It is currently on sale for $159.00, I know that in a couple months it will be at $149.00, so I'll wait.
    Jim,

Do you get the Harbor Freight Flyer? I just received the latest one in the mail today (coincidence... or something else?) and it has one of the '15% OFF ANY SINGLE ITEM IN THE STORE' coupons on the back. The coupon is good through 12/26/07, and valid for purchases in retail stores only! Looks like you could pick up your 4 x 6 bandsaw now for only $135.15 with the coupon. How is that!!!

Just trying to look out for you,
    HayTay

Thats a good rule. The more you save the more you get. I like it....just don't know if I have the patience for it! lol

Since I am using software and machines to make a living, I have a different approach. How long to pay off the investment? If I buy VCarve, how many signs do I need to make to pay for the software? Looked at another way, how soon can I start making more money using this software? By waiting, I am passing up opportunities to earn money.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Caprirs View Post
    Since I am using software and machines to make a living, I have a different approach. How long to pay off the investment? If I buy VCarve, how many signs do I need to make to pay for the software? Looked at another way, how soon can I start making more money using this software? By waiting, I am passing up opportunities to earn money.
    Too, true! Too, true! You always have to consider the ROI time when running a business.

It's not how much you can save it's how much you can make and how long it takes to recover the item's purchase price.

If you wait 8 months to save $50, instead of purchasing VCarve Pro at full price and billing out a measly $100/month, you lost $201 ($599 - (8 * 100)). And the 8 months of experience lost by not utilizing the product, priceless. Of course, at the rates quoted above 6 - 7 months is the break even point. If you can sell more than $100/month, Woo-Hoo! More than several of us on this and other forums have purchased VCarve Pro and used it for jobs that more than paid for the software in 3 WEEKS, or less. And a lot of that was only cutting items for friends, family and co-workers.

'nuff said (maybe),
    HayTay

I agree with you on the business side of things. That's very different for me though, I'm just a simple hobbiest who thinks CNC is "cool". Thanks for all the comments, but I'll just have to wait and see as nobody ever answered whether it ever goes on sale.

-Jim

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Jim,

Do you get the Harbor Freight Flyer? I just received the latest one in the mail today (coincidence... or something else?) and it has one of the '15% OFF ANY SINGLE ITEM IN THE STORE' coupons on the back. The coupon is good through 12/26/07, and valid for purchases in retail stores only! Looks like you could pick up your 4 x 6 bandsaw now for only $135.15 with the coupon. How is that!!!

Just trying to look out for you,
    Thanks! My flyer didn't have the 15% of this time. I get those about twice a year. However, I found that you can buy them on eBay regularly for a couple bucks, so I may do that. Thanks again!

-Jim

I agree with you on the business side of things. That's very different for me though, I'm just a simple hobbiest who thinks CNC is "cool". Thanks for all the comments, but I'll just have to wait and see as nobody ever answered whether it ever goes on sale.

-Jim
    Sorry we got wound up and never answered your question directly.

As to whether Vectric's software ever goes on sale, not that I've ever seen.

Except as noted earlier by Ger21 regarding purchases prior to an upgrade. So far Vectric's policy has been: Purchase the software and receive upgrades free for one year from your date of purchase. After that upgrades are something around 20-25% of the retail price of the newer version. THAT IS A TRULY UNOFFICIAL RESPONSE REGARDING VECTRIC'S POLICIES AND PRICING!!! You are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to check with Vectric staff ([email protected]) for an official statement regarding any of their policies, pricing and procedures.

The other exception I noted in a previous response is purchasing one of the Vectric 'Bundles'. When bundling 2 Vectric products together (VCarve Pro + PhotoVCarve, VCarve Pro + Cut3D, or PhotoVCarve + Cut3D) the price is $49.00 less than if the items were purchased separately. Purchasing the VCarve Pro + PhotoVCarve + Cut3D bundle saves you a total of $100.00 when compared to purchasing each application individually.

Again, don't take my word as "VCarved in Stone", check with those that 'ARE' Vecric via the email address above.

I hope that is a better, and more informative answer for you Jim.

P.S. - What kind of solution(s) are you currently utilizing? I don't remember you mentioning anything and/or we never asked. IMWLTK.
    HayTay

Thanks! My flyer didn't have the 15% of this time. I get those about twice a year. However, I found that you can buy them on eBay regularly for a couple bucks, so I may do that. Thanks again!

-Jim
    What a BUMMER!

I took a careful look at my HF flyer and it's supposed to be delivered to mailboxes between 12-4-07 & 12-6-07. There may be hope for a 15% off coupon yet.

L8r,
    HayTay

Page 1 of 2 12