586,495 active members*
1,950 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Sinumerik 810m ga2 ram module battery question

Sinumerik 810m ga2 ram module battery question

1st let me say - AWSOME!!! website here. I've recieved nothing but excellent help from all over the WORLD from guys on here - Aloha to you all and the aid you give to others.

I recently aquired a Reichenbacher ranc210am router - It came complete with the siemens sinumerik 810m ga2 controller. It sat over six years but was running when stored. Got all aspects from power (still waiting on some capacitors) to replacement software and loading procedures in place and am soon to put her to power. one last problem is -

the ram sub-module battery, It is soldered to the circuit board and is recommended in the manual to replace the entire board(which I've located new in England for $420 us). but I'm wondering if there is a source for just the battery - physical replacement is within my skill level.

it's a 3.6 v lithium battery - only labeled with Lithium Battery High Energy L-135 d/f/h + . It has three leads soldered to board (two are connected in curcuit).

If anyone is familiar with maintenance on these controllers have a solution for me please let me know.

I'm so so so so close to gettting her going - damn this is fun!!!!

John

There are battery replacement stores that specialize in small batteries and will make up what you need in house. In the Vegas area there is a chain of stores called Battery Source
    They are usually a little overpriced but are usually very helpful with whatever you have.
    try looking for them in the yellow pages or else try Mouser or Digi-Key electronics