586,132 active members*
2,681 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OT Paramaters for Atomatic Bardfeed/ NEW - ALIGNMENT

Fanuc OT Paramaters for Atomatic Bardfeed/ NEW - ALIGNMENT

I'm Hooking up an LNS Hydrobar Sprint to one of our Miyano BND-34S machines and I have everything hooked up and it all works except for the M83 Command. Anyhow I'm pretty sure it is a parameter setting, and I have the parameter that Miyano says I need to change but I'm not sure its right.

Miyano says I need to change parameter 312 bit 6 to 1 for an automatic bar feeder.

My parameter for 312 is 0, Not 00000000, just 0. I tried to input it to 01000000, but when I hit input....it changes to 192.

Any thoughts?

Matt

It's possible you may want to change Keep Relay #312 bit 6 to 1, not parameter #312, but I'm just guessing here. Do you have a Fanuc Parameter Manual that lists parameter 312?

No, I dont have a paramater manual. I think your on the right path though......thanks

OK, et me explain my problem a little better. If you look at the attached image, you can see 4 relays on the bar feeder interface board. The one on the right is labeled M83. The LED Light above it is always light. The way I understand it is, when I command M83 it shoud trigger this relay which would connect terminals 87 & 88 on the bottom terminal strip. Right now Terminals 87 & 88 are connected all the time while the machine is turned on. If you turn the machine off then they are no longer connected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bar Feeder.jpg  

param #312=axis corresponding to a position switch
    try to change param. #312 bit 6 on diagnostic page(This is the Timer & counter values.)

THANK YOU! That was it, I needed to change it on the diagnostics, it all makes sense now.:banana:

OK so I got all the electriacal stuff working. Now I'm trying to align this thing. I have a string pulled from the center on the sub spindle, through the main spindle, through all the bearing bocks and tied off on the center of the pusher. How close does this need to be...I have it eyeballed pretty close now, but I'm sure it needs to be more accurate than that....has anybody done this before, I'm looking for some pointers...

all I know is that 3500 lbs of 9/16 DIA 12L14 barstock showed up an hour ago, so I'm ready to run the wheels off this thing

Thanks again

It needs to be pretty close. Take your alignment tool and keep bumping the bar feeder around around until you can get full 360 contact without pushing the string up/down or left/right.

One thing that will help a bunch is to get your height set first on the front and back.
    Once it is set, tighten the retaing bolts on the vertical column. This way it pulls the bar feeder into it's normal Left/right position.
    From there bump the barfeeder left and right until it is in line left and right.
    Lag it to the floor.
    Do a final check on the string and if all is good pull it out. If the barfeeder pulled one way when you lagged it down use the leveling bolts to twist it back into position. You may or may not have to break the lag nuts loose in order to do this.