586,362 active members*
3,281 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene Mills > DMU 60T - MIllPlus v320 - toolchanger homing procedure

DMU 60T - MIllPlus v320 - toolchanger homing procedure

Hello,

I recently bought a 1997 Deckel Maho. The machine came from Austria and had the Z axes swapped with the Y axes. Trying to follow the documentation in German I managed to swap these axes, but as happens in life something must have gone wrong. The base positions after swapping the axes were not quite correct.... The table did not lower enough and the door to the tool storage could not open. After changing the machine constants, I didn't check if the door was opening and the servo moving the tool picker hit the door and stopped.

The milling machine displays the following errors when trying to base the XYZ axis
    E323: Tool changer in undefined position
    E302: Tool changer arm not centred

I could not find any information about entering any service mode for such an old millplus, newer versions have the possibility of entering a password when viewing the IO, but there is no mention of this here.

The servo which drives the gripper is INDRAMAT MKD 041 B-144-KP1. The DKC 1.1-030-3 servo controller has no errors and displays the signal ‘bb’. - Ready to operate.
    Reading about this servo I connected with the DriveTop software. By unlocking the brake with an external power supply I set the servo to the position that shows as base but this did not allow the whole machine to base. I couldn't find any way to be able to do basing from DriveTop, it looks like it's just setting parameters and at most clearing errors.

Is there any way to base this servo from MillPlus or any other way?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20240418_203620.jpg   IMG_20240418_203630.jpg   dmu60t.jpg  

Re: DMU 60T - MIllPlus v320 - toolchanger homing procedure

Pictures in attachement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20230830-WA0007.jpg