586,966 active members*
2,451 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

Delta 20 control keeps cutting out

Hi all,

My Delta 20 control has started doing something new, which is causing me problems

It powers on ok, and I can run programs etc. however, it is now quite frequently cutting out and requiring a power cycle to reset.

When it happens, the display goes blank and the servos shut off. The fans in the control box keep running, but the machine is unresponsive to any button pushes. About 1 time in 5, when I cycle the power switch I get a "power fail" message when the control reboots, and all program /offset data is missing and has to be reloaded.

On this machine, I was previously dealing with the power fail (and loss of programs) issue on startup, which i had traced back to a loose connection on the white PF lead on the power supply. That issue seemed to go away when I tightened that connection, but now I'm having this issue while running the machine.

I looked in the control cabinet, and there are a couple of red LEDs lit up when it happens. I tried to take pictures of the LEDS, as I'm not sure which boards are which in the control and not sure how to describe them.

Hoping someone else has run into this issue and can help advise.

I'm thinking its most likely a sign of power supply failure, and have ordered a meanwell QP-320F PSU to see if replacing will solve the issue. If anyone can help advise on the replacement procedure as well, that would also be greatly appreciated!

Lee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240409_214028.jpg   20240409_214113.jpg   20240409_214104.jpg