586,919 active members*
3,082 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Delta 20 control keeps cutting out

Nope, still freezing despite having the cabinet open. Tonight, it did it within about 20 minutes of switching it on.

I read a forum post tonight that mentioned having an e-stop condition when the auto way oiler is empty. Is that a possibility here? My mill has a bijur oiler on the back, with a solenoid attached. I think it might be empty, but won't be able to check till tomorrow.

Re: Delta 20 control keeps cutting out

The control does seem to be overheating - if I run the machine with the control box open and a fan blowing into the cabinet, I was able to leave it running for ~36 hours without a problem. After I removed the fan and closed the box, it hung within 45 minutes

The airflow within the box is pretty poor. There are 3 100mm fans inside, but there's no way for cool air to get in or out. I may need to think about cutting a hole in the cabinet to add another fan or 2

For those of you with a working Delta 20, can someone let me know what direction the fan on the top of the control card cage blows? Mine is currently blowing up (drawing air from the bottom of the cabinet up through the components) but I'm thinking it should maybe blow down instead

Thanks