Hi All, I'm upgrading my old machine to the Masso system and replaced my servo drives with Gecko 320X units. I've never done anything like this before so I'm well out of my depth but managing so far!

I'm currently trying to set up a motor alarm so that when one of the drives enters fault mode, the masso controller shuts everything off. So far I have wired pin 5 (error pin) on the drives to inputs on the Masso controller. The controller doesn't detect a difference when the drives are in normal or fault mode. According to gecko, terminal 5 should output 0v when in fault mode and +5vdc when operating normally. When measured with a voltmeter (from terminal 5 to power supply negative) I get 2.5v instead of 5V. The controller needs min 5V to trigger the input.

Might be worth noting that the controller and the drives are operating of separate power supplies but the neg terminals are connected.

The controller does trigger the corresponding input when bridging terminal 7 (encoder +5vdc) to terminal 5 so I know the controller isn't the problem.

Not sure what might cause terminal 5 to only output half of what its meant to, any ideas?

Thank you!