When I built my CNC4PC control I included one of the C48 touch down probes (an earlier version of the one in the photo). It is mobile probe and I use it to touch off my material top surface location.

Now I'm adding one of the 5 bit RAPIDCHANGE ATC (RapidChange ATC – Rapidly Changing the CNC Industry) tool changers to the router and it has a tool measure touch down plate of its own. I believe that it generates the bit length by completing the circuit to ground.

Question is how to wire this new touch down plate into the CNC4PC control.

Do I run it in parallel with the C48 probe or set it up as a separate probe? I don't even know if the C48 is using circuit completion to ground as its method of measuring.

In the UCCNC I/O settings I have PROBE 1 set for the C48 and nothing set for PROBE 2. I thought there was a multi-screen setup area in UCCNC for PROBES but even when activating the PROBE PLUGIN I don't find that setup area. I don't even know if I need to use it for these purposes as I suspect just setting the 2nd PROBE outputs on the I/O screen is all I need to do.

Thanks for any guidance on this. It will be much appreciated.

BHAttachment 503236