Good Afternoon!

I'm trying to help a friend with his Mazak QT8 CNC Lathe with a T32B controller. At power up, they are getting an intermittent alarm on the control screen "10 overheat". The alarm is flashing on and back off which to me is really odd since it is my understanding this alarm should put the machine in estop mode. However, in the back of the machine, all the lights on the control are green except for a red light in addition to the green light on the PD21B power supply. The servo drives are flashing d1 and d2 and the spindle drive is showing r 0. The AVR has it's on light. The power into the control is measuring 115V and the +5, -12, and +12 are all reading normal. The cooling fans are running on the controller and the drive cabinets. No overloads are tripped. The hydraulic pump appears to be operating correctly. Everything looks go in the back with the exception of the red light on the PD21B power supply. I really thought this was the problem so we swapped the power supply with a spare I had on hand. The red light went away but the "10 overheat" did not.
The control panel has no response with anything. No spindle rotation, manual turret index, axis motion, changing screens to look at programs, parameters, offsets, no button presses on the control panel has any response from the machine.

So, would anyone have any idea as to what may be causing the problem?

I did notice one thing that I am concerned about. Since it is odd to me that the alarm does not put the machine in estop mode and everything else appears to be in run mode but yet there is no response on the control panel, I did notice some oil buildup in the bottom of the drive panel and a few cables are exposed to this oil. It is possible that the cables could have soaked up some of this oil and caused some "cross talk" or "confusion" within the controller that would cause this scenario?

I'm at a loss here and just trying to help out a fellow CNC'er. Any thoughts or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gary