Hi Guys,

We recently got our hands on an old 90's multicam 44 plus and have been in the process of trying to get it up and running.

Having no previous experiance with a CNC or any kind of fabrication machine it has been a challenge.

We were graced with the user manual, so far we've managed to get communication established with an old version of Windnc, and send a few test cuts but I've hit a bit of a wall.

We are using artcam express to output cut files, they have around 11 multicam posts, a few of which work but the feed rate seams to have no effect what ever I set it to. This can be overcome by inputting manually on the pendant but I'd rather get it controlled with artcam if possible.

Secondly, tool changing is an issue. Artcam has a post for a multicam 3000 which when used prompts on the pendant to insert "x" tool before it allows the job to start. I believe this confirms tool changing support by the CNC however if I try and output a file with artcam with more than 1 tool I get an error about post not supporting tool changes.

There is 1 post present as multicam tool change, however when using this the cnc will not start cutting with the file.

Does anybody have a post that is compatible and can help with the above issues at all?

If there any more information required please let me know

Thanks in advance all