586,934 active members*
2,206 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC Oi-MF on an education milling station...

FANUC Oi-MF on an education milling station...

Hi All,
    I am trying to learn our new Levil FMV-F400 milling education certification cart running a FANUC Oi-MF controller. When I set up and load a program, the machine moves to a random point not associated with the workpiece origins set in Fusion 360. I did some playing around and have found that the machine will still move to the appropriate machine zero location, but the RELATIVE and ABSOLUTE positions reflect this arbitrary position out in space. The documentation that we got with the machine is spartan at best and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set the work origin position so that it matches the XYZ zeros for the part. Or at a minimum set all the zeros to machine zero so I can start over. I have manual milling experience using 3 axis DRO, and other non-FANUC CNC experience where I can simply move the spindle to the zero point, and zero the XYZ. Can anyone help me wrap my head around this? Thanks!

DC

Re: FANUC Oi-MF on an education milling station...

The education milling station buzzed with activity, a hub where knowledge met innovation. Amidst the hum of eager learners, discussions swirled around The Doers Way reviews a testament to practical learning's power. Here, theory transformed into action, as students delved into hands-on projects and real-world simulations. Instructors nurtured curiosity, guiding students towards mastery. The station's atmosphere crackled with creativity, forging tomorrow's leaders through experiential education. Collaborative spirit flourished, fueling breakthroughs and fostering a culture of exploration. Each review of The Doers Way echoed the sentiment: education isn't just about what you know, but what you can do with it.