586,131 active members*
2,789 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes
Page 34 of 38 243233343536

Re: GrblGru: Free CAM and 3D-Simulation for mills and lathes

Quote Originally Posted by GrblGru View Post
    @SpartanVC

You are right, of course. The start was caotic. A lot of different machines have been added. Robots, lathes, 5-axis mills, etc. I also tried a lot of things. Some of it was good but a lot of it turned out to be bad and was discarded.
    But this experimentation phase is now finished and I am in the process of making the program stable.

Therefore I am very happy if you are willing to help me.

I just uploaded a new version V5.1.12 again. This should fix the bug in the pocket function.
    To the 3D functions I must unfortunately still put off you. I would like to make the normal 2D functions stable first.
    As soon as everything runs error-free, the 3D things will come.

I'll write you a PM with my email address.
    If you agree, we can then exchange a little more comfortable via EMail.
    I'll be more than happy to help however I can. Cheers!

@zuadha

I have been in the process of providing a FoamCutter mode in GrblGru for quite some time. My problem is that I don't own a FoamCutter machine myself, so I have to rely on outside suggestions.
    At the moment I have started a new attempt. There are still a few things to do. I hope to be able to publish a state soon.

1. When loading a DXF/SVG file, the two switches 'L' and 'R' are now queried.
    Depending on the position of these switches, the drawing is loaded either on the left, the right or both sides. (See pic1)

2. You are right. Contours of different lengths must also be processed in the same time.
    I hope to have realized this by calculating GCode with G93-Mode. Here no speed is given but a time.

3. This is one of the points, which are still to be done.

4. The graphic editor is only intended to position parts roughly.
    But there is also the possibility to use the geometry editor. With this editor you can do very precise rotations and displacements. (See pic2)

once again thanks for your works, is that any way I can donate to you?

1. I think the old method its better, because we can see both design in 2D tab so we can adjust it without see in 3D tab.
    2. This feature is really crucial in 4 axis foam cnc. hope you can solve this.

I just want to briefly draw your attention to the new Notepad++ plugin.
    https://github.com/NCalu/NCneticNpp#readme

It offers great possibilities to debug GCode. This now includes graphical output in addition to the well-known syntax highlighting.
    What makes me especially happy is that for manipulating the graphic the same mouse actions are used as in my program

If you specify the path to the Notepad++ exe in the settings of GrblGru under 'Editor', the calculated GCode is displayed in the toolbar at the push of a button.

Here a pic from the German version

I just want to briefly draw your attention to the new Notepad++ plugin.
    https://github.com/NCalu/NCneticNpp#readme

It offers great possibilities to debug GCode. This now includes graphical output in addition to the well-known syntax highlighting.
    What makes me especially happy is that for manipulating the graphic the same mouse actions are used as in my program

If you specify the path to the Notepad++ exe in the settings of GrblGru under 'Editor', the calculated GCode is displayed in the toolbar at the push of a button.

Here a pic from the German version

Thanks for the share

@GrblGru,

Hi there hope you doing fine. I have some issue with new version program, now I cant make job STL -> test 3d. its fine on V5.1.2. as shown bellow but not on V5.1.15. is that any step that I miss?

Re: GRBLGRU INCH G CODE AND G02/G03

Thank you for your help. I figured out my G02 / G03 problem. It works fine.

GRBLGRU...LO LONGER ABLE TO IMPORT 3D DXF. LATEST VERSION CONVERTS ALL TO 2D. WHY??

Hello,
    Please help, I'm in panic. I'm no longer able to import my custom made 3D tool paths. I was able to do that with v5.1.2
    Then I updated to v5.1.15 and DXF turns to 2D!!
    Can someone help me???
    Thank you

Re: GRBLGRU...LO LONGER ABLE TO IMPORT 3D DXF. LATEST VERSION CONVERTS ALL TO 2D. WHY

Yes, that is a problem. I switched the DXF routines to 2D because it makes further processing much easier and faster.
    I have never heard of anyone importing 3D DXF data into GrblGru. What do you do with the data? What does the further workflow look like?

There are 2 possible solutions:
    - You continue to work with the old version. If you no longer have it, I will send it to you.

- You provide me with a 3D DXF file and explain what you want to do with it.
    I will then try to integrate a new 3D DXF import function into the program.

@zuadha
    Sorry, I forgot to mention this in the release notes.
    The functions that are currently still under development can be shown/hidden with the "Enable current developments" switch in the settings.
    I have to revise the 3D functions again. They are therefore hidden in the default setting. But you can unhide them again

Yes, can you please send me the latest one with 3D DXF functionality?
    This way I can also install in another PC
    It would be very helpful to have 2 options in the DXF import menu for those who prefer the faster 2D and the not so fast 3D.
    The 3D DXF function can have huge potential in many applications. I use this all the time for custom tool paths where it works better when you know the way YOU want the tool to behave works best. And doing it this way you can save your DXF files to use anywhere in conjunction with other CAD-CAM systems.
    One case for me is the one VERY important project I am currently working on where I can command a robot to follow the specified 3D path I created. In other scenarios I can output clean G-code for Haas machines, others with Fanuc controls and you may not believe this but also Okuma ones.

One more suggestion to think about… Importing STEP files would be very useful in the future.

Thank you for your help
    You guys are doing a wonderful job. Many people have benefited from your hard work.

@zuadha
    Sorry, I forgot to mention this in the release notes.
    The functions that are currently still under development can be shown/hidden with the "Enable current developments" switch in the settings.
    I have to revise the 3D functions again. They are therefore hidden in the default setting. But you can unhide them again
    Hi, GrblGru, I have try to enable "Enable current developments" check, but still, not generate any gcode from 3d/stl.

and one quick question how to use "show preview" with eye logo on upper right?

Load torque driven by the conveyor belt
    T = 1/2 D (F+μWg)
    T: torque
    D: rotor diameter
    W: load mass
    μ: coefficient of friction
    F: external force
    g : acceleration due to gravity
    The steppermotor website has an extensive range of motors with different phase numbers and step angles to choose from. Each motor has its own unique advantages and features to meet the needs of different customers and different applications.

Re: GrblGru lathe tool path ofset

@melrod
    you can download the version V5.1.2 here: www.grblgru.com/old
    Please dont forget to provide me with some 3D DXF files here.

@zuadha
    If you have activated the switch, the "3D" item also appears when you select the main mode.
    Preview shows the workpiece after milling. However, you must enter the thickness of your component in the "Stock" box.

Re: GrblGru lathe tool path ofset

@melrod
    you can download the version V5.1.2 here: www.grblgru.com/old
    Please dont forget to provide me with some 3D DXF files here.

@zuadha
    If you have activated the switch, the "3D" item also appears when you select the main mode.
    Preview shows the workpiece after milling. However, you must enter the thickness of your component in the "Stock" box.

yes now I can see the 3D preview, but still if I Import STL and make job nothing gcode or path has been generate.

I can't make something like on this video on menit 20:10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rBGPZ1gH38

Re: GRBLGRU...LO LONGER ABLE TO IMPORT 3D DXF. LATEST VERSION CONVERTS ALL TO 2D. WHY

How to upload 3D DXF examples for you?? I copied and pasted here but not working.

I think I was able to upload some but others not because they are to big

@zuadha
    Sorry, I have seen that there are still problems with the 3D mode in the current version. I will try to create a new version for you this week.

@melrod
    Thanks for the file. I have downloaded it and will try to load it in the new version.

@GrblGru
    Thanks, really appreciate that. Btw since there is ton of machine list, how/ can I delete/hidden or custom grup to machine that i selected only? because it is easier if machine list is only that I have only.

Re: Grblgru Milling Toolpaths

Yes, a lot of machines have come together in the meantime. It is a good idea to limit the list to the user's machines.
    I will add something for this in the next version.
    In the meantime, you can simply delete the TCO files that you don't want to see in the folder C:\Programdata\toe\GrblGru_xxx\Models

Re: Grblgru Milling Toolpaths

Hi @GrblGru, thanks for the update V5.1.17. but seems I found several bugs :
    1. on foam cutter machine (im not testing another mechine yet) if I import SVG files and delete some line, it still appears and excute in gcode
    2. on machine workingclass (im not testing another mechine yet) if I change "Depth Increment" in 2D tab, the toolpaht is not auto refresh, it need to toggle 3D tab and 2D tab again to regenerate the correct toolpath.
    3. still on machine workingclass, if I use job-stl, the Gcode is not correct, it seems use X,Y and Z axis instead of X,Y and A axis.

Page 34 of 38 243233343536