586,555 active members*
3,341 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > New to me Tree journeyman 350 delta 50m
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: New to me Tree journeyman 350 delta 50m

Quote Originally Posted by Redzilla View Post
    There is 1 thing I don't like about it, it only has a 3500 rpm spindle, from 50rpm to 1000rpm it uses low gear and from 1001rpm to 3500rpm it switches to high gear, it uses a 1725rpm motor I wonder if I could get it rewound for 3450rpm and change the parameters to run low gear to 2000rpm and high gear for 2001rpm to 7000rpm?????
    ...fanrphrompuke has the right idea using an AC Inverter/Vector drive and speed is not the problem, it's how much you want to push the bearings. Buy a name brand and save yourself the headaches. I bought a Hitachi WJ200 about 3-4 years back for $300 new and runs great, easy to install somewhat and nice compact unit . Not sure about Ridge Tapping and the Delta 50 programming is possible or not without buying that Option from Dynapath.
    https://www.hitachi-iesa.com/ac-driv.../wj-200-series

Enjoy,
    DJ

Re: New to me Tree journeyman 350 delta 50m

I wanted to give the latest update on this new to me Tree Journeyman 350 with dynapath delta 50 control, I have it back to 100% operating condition and making parts! When I got the machine it was stuck in Estop and the crt didn't work, I plugged the crt back in and it worked fine, I put a NC Estop switch back in it because they had taken it out and had the wires hanging there, someone had 2 of the air solenoids plugged in backwards so when it was supposed to be in low gear it was in high gear which was throwing a fault,then once I got it out of Estop all 3 axis's would only move + direction because the 3 servo drive amps were caked in dirt and grease from the cooling fans blowing on them for years I cleaned them with starting fluid and a tooth brush then a final rise with electrical cleaner let them dry over night and it fixed it the drives work perfect and show zero axis lag and are tuned perfect,the mpg multi position switch was also all jacked up I took it out and unstacked it and restacked it correctly and it works fine now,the last problem was no communication from the RS232C port and all it was, was someone had the com1 and com2 plugs switched on the motherboard once I swapped them it sends and receives data no problem! This machine is back to 100% working condition with its original control I turn it on reference it and start sending program files to it and it shifts gears and moves and cuts great! ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...fanrphrompuke has the right idea using an AC Inverter/Vector drive and speed is not the problem, it's how much you want to push the bearings. Buy a name brand and save yourself the headaches. I bought a Hitachi WJ200 about 3-4 years back for $300 new and runs great, easy to install somewhat and nice compact unit . Not sure about Ridge Tapping and the Delta 50 programming is possible or not without buying that Option from Dynapath.
    https://www.hitachi-iesa.com/ac-driv.../wj-200-series

Enjoy,
    DJ
    My J325 was a 3500rpm machine when I got it and I swapped the sheaves and now it turns 6000rpm I put new spindle bearings in it when I did the upgrade and used some expensive fancy grease for spindle bearings and it runs 6000rpm all day everyday and the spindle stays ice cold so I think the spindle bearings will handle it no problem I'm just worried about the gear box bearings and gears, I haven't looked to see what it would take to make it direct drive like the 325 is, or I could just sell it now that it's back in 100% operating condition and find a J425 which is what I really want!

Page 2 of 2 12