586,535 active members*
3,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Write my G-Code

So I bought this tormach 770m and not knowing how packed the college is I can't get the classes I wanna take till 2025 . I have taken over the business from my father who has unexpectedly 0ased away and I'm having a hard time learning how to write the G-Code for the parts I have to make for my company 8f there's anybody willing to write me the G-Code for my business parts I would gladly pay u seeing as my business is about to tank and this could save it I can't pay a lot but I can pay just need to know what it would cost me please I need help ASAP if u get at me I'll send u a blueprint of what's needed so u can write the code please help

Re: Write my G-Code

hello please pack some drawings in an archive, share a link, or something, so to have a clue what you need, also ask some programers i know

i was going to suggest to post also in the tormach forum, but i saw you did

i am not a tormach guy, but i can help with postprocessor solving for your machine, regardless of what cam you use ... so as long as you can get your hands on something generic and make it work, i can help you with the compatibility side; if parts are simple, you could be able to get up to programing in a few days, considering you get in touch with the right person

is best if you have someone in your area to speed up your start / kindly

ps : sorry for your lost ... keep it up
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Lets begin with the fundamentals,I seriously doubt that anybody is still writing Gcode directly.The software does that for you.A screenshot of the type of item you produce would be helpful.You need an understanding of speeds and feeds to load into the tool library of the software and an awareness of how to establish the part datum with respect to the machine's home position.Some very basic software may be sufficient and believe me there are some hucksters out there who will attempt to part you from more money than you need to spend for the options on offer.It may be worth your while to seek out a couple of basic videos on the use of software on youtube to get an idea of how simple it can be.It beats sitting there with a print and a calculator and typing code the old way.

believe me there are some hucksters out there who will attempt to part you from more money than you need to spend for the options on offer
    that's true someone in your condition is easy to be fooled, and you may not realize

also consider to find some programmer you feel you can trust, that allready works, and give him your parts ... shortest learning curve is near someone

I seriously doubt that anybody is still writing Gcode directly
    for simple stuff, the software should do it ... writing g-code directly is a must only for some custom operations, that you may not need, or maybe you can find a macro in the tormach forum / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Someone who is well experienced with g code can do straight forward drawings quite easily with the use of sub routines , macro variables and loops , but it also takes a while to get to the point of being able to do that .

You can buy or subscribe a good software package vs the dollar value to pay someone to create code you can trust . I don't know what contractors charge for programming but if I were to do contract (which I don't) then it would be billed at $200-250/hr . Last I recall fusion was 500/yr

A possibility if the school you planned to go to is close : Lots of schools do work to raise funds . For example when I went to college we did quite a lot of random machining for people . It was good for the students because we made various parts , the school earned extra cash which went towards supplies outside of their budget , and the customer got what they wanted at a reasonable price . Usually it is the top/competent students that get those sorts of projects . It may be worth talking to the school to see if they do that .

I suggest watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfazV1DXgyY .Even if you don't feel comfortable yet with the programming it will take you through the steps and give an understanding of what needs to be done.You might even try creating a program or two-but don't run anything on a real machine yet.You can download the free Camotics simulation software to see what the result would look like.If nothing else,it would give you a better understanding of the whole process and an ability to talk to anybody that does the programming a bit nearer their level.

I can help please message