586,553 active members*
3,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NVUM V2 - Output and ARC Voltage Control

I purchased the NVUM V2 controller for my plasma table which is running a Primeweld CUT60 and and a Makita wood working router on occasion. Unfortunately, the NVUM V2 user manual of this controller doesn't reveals a whole lot about the output signals. Do these solely function as open/close switches? And is so, what is the maximum amperage they allow. The Primeweld CUT60 has a CNC connector that simply requires an open/close.

Attachment 496776

I spoke with someone from Primeweld who said that pin 1 and 2 can simply be connected to the OUTPUT of the V2 controller while there is a bold note in their user manual that states that you cannot connect anything directly to the output terminals... :nono:

Attachment 496784

So do I need to use the open/close signal on the V2 control terminal to switch a simple 24 Volt relay that I can use to switch the torch on and off. If the OUTPUT signal is solely a "open-close" signal / switch then I should be able to switch the relay like that correct?

The same question applies on the (wood) working router outlet. Should I also just use the open/close signal on the V2 terminal to switch a 24 Volt relay that switches this 110 volt outlet?

The second issue I cannot find a whole lot information about is the ARC Voltage control (pin 4 and 6) with the NVUM V2. I'm not very familiar with these controllers so I'm not even sure if the V2 even has the HTC functionality. Does anyone has some more information about this?

Attachment 496778

Re: NVUM V2 - Output and ARC Voltage Control

It has an open drain outputs. There is no power on them. As picture shows, you can connect relays just watch polarity and power you supply.
    These outputs are to control high power solid state relays to turn on router and coolant, you can use power from VFD and control start, stop and direction.
    I don’t think it has direct torch high control.
    It is absolutely necessary to consider what power you supply to the unit and what devices you connecting to it. ( motor drivers, relays etc. they show the chart what resistors to use)
    I think the manual they provided is enough if one has some experience in electronics.
    You could read more here.
    https://drufelcnc.com/?c=controllers&p=NVUM5