586,570 active members*
3,687 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bending- and Punching Machines > Experienced operator tip - Amada Vipros issue

Experienced operator tip - Amada Vipros issue

So, I ran into this problem today. In the middle of a job, one of the air hoses that drives the clamps got loose, so I stopped the machine and then manually closed the air input valve. I went ahead and fixed the issue with the hose - one of the quick type fittings got stuck so the air hose did not get tightly pressed.

When I opened the air input valve I got this alarm message "2085 F. FREE BER (OFF) LOWER LS" which means the free-motion ball bearings are not in position. That makes sense, because they got out of air and probably the cylinders were not where they are supposed to be during the time they ran out of compressed air.

After I acknowledged the alarm, I pressed the start button again and expected to be able to resume work at the point where I left it, but nothing happened although there was no alarm. Finally I gave up, homed the machine, rewound the program, placed the Select keyswitch to "OFF", pressed start button and waited until the program got until to the point I had the issue before, stopped the program again, changed the Select keyswtich to "Cycle", pressed start again and finished the job.

So, my questions are:

1) Why would the program not restart after fixing the issue, considering there were no current alarms ?
    2) Is there a better way to "jump back" to the place the program was ? Is it possible to bypass all the previous program lines ? I mean, the machine knew exactly where it was standing and what to do next, so cycling through all the previous program lines did not mean much. I am willing to learn a new trick line "go to line number xxxx" with a little edit at the machine´s console.

Re: Experienced operator tip - Amada Vipros issue

You did very correct.
    The functionality you would like to have is possible to implement. However. Considering how rare it happens, are you ready to pay extra money for it since you don't know if you will use it again.
    Second point. Do you have a list of failures which the updated system should cover? How often you will use the functionality?
    You described the way you resume your job and this is universal, good tested and thouroughly elaborated. Implementing new functionality will cause a lot of unpredicted issues, especially if these failure cases are not described in details. Is there way do have detailed description in the case of failure? Can you predict what exactly would happen?
    I will tell one more for illustration. There are solutions for machinetoll to level automatically. How many buyers are willing to pay for functionality like that? Would you pay extra for your machine to be capable to level itself automatically?

Thanks for your answer. I needed to read this exactly because since I have started in this new job recently I could be missing something.

There seems to be (not available in my machine) an M98 an M99 codes (https://gcodetutor.com/cnc-macro-pro...s-m98-m99.html) that might implement this. I agree with you I would not pay extra for this particular feature.

I assume that your explanation and my first question are closely related, and Amada considers a restart is needed in case this alarm appears, but actually the operator´s manual does not specify which alarms require the program to be restarted. It only says, referring to operation interruption, that some operation interruptions allow resuming the execution of the program from the point it was interrupted, and other will require returning ht machine axes to their origins.

It is very simple to skip lines in the program. Example...
    G92X120.079Y60.039
    G06A0.09B2
    GOTO1
    M501
    X77.25Y45.0T115C90.0(RCT 4.000 X 0.250)
    X77.25Y42.367
    X77.25Y38.094
    X77.25Y35.461
    X77.25Y31.188
    X77.25Y28.555
    X77.25Y24.281
    X77.25Y21.648
    X77.25Y17.375
    X77.25Y14.742
    X77.25Y10.469
    X77.25Y7.836
    N1
    M501
    X0.625Y7.836T115C90.0(RCT 4.000 X 0.250)
    X0.625Y10.469
    X0.625Y14.742
    X0.625Y17.375
    X0.625Y21.648
    X0.625Y24.281
    X0.625Y28.555
    X0.625Y31.188
    X0.625Y35.461
    X0.625Y38.094
    X0.625Y42.367
    X0.625Y45.0
    M692
    G50

A simple "GOTO" and the line number you want to skip to
    The line you go to must have an "M" code and a "T" code for it to work

skip is not always aplicable.
    Normal is the "restart" function: machine executes "silently" the part program untill selected point. No movement, no encapsulated cycling. The global commands: speeds, directions, variable settings, tool selection, offsets - all are executed without movement.

It's an older machine. Only the newer machines have that feature

Thanks for your help. I am sorry for not answering this sooner, but the user manual of our machine does not refer to the GOTO instruction at all, so I figured it would not be possible for this code to work on it.

However, I was able to give it a try today, and to my surprise, when the GOTO1 line is found, it does not complain about an error in the code but instead outputs this error:

004 ADDRESS NOT FOUND

The user manual says about alarm 004: "A numeral or the sign "-" was input without an address at the beginning of a block. Modify the program"

the program goes like this :

GOTO1 ;

N1 M511;
    X43.75 Y194. T315 ;

What is wrong ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    skip is not always aplicable.
    Normal is the "restart" function: machine executes "silently" the part program untill selected point. No movement, no encapsulated cycling. The global commands: speeds, directions, variable settings, tool selection, offsets - all are executed without movement.
    Yes. The restart function is not available on our machine apparently.

I did try this though: I selected the "TEST" button and pressed start. When I got to the point where I meant to stop I pressed STOP, hoping it would run these lines silently and let me change from "TEST" mode to the standard mode. However, this function does not seem to be implemented, and actually when you press STOP in the TEST mode it is not evident how to reset, because the reading on the screen is the same as if the machine had actually moved.

I would not know what else I might try. Thanks for your help anyway.