586,581 active members*
3,464 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Need Help for design

Hi Vily - Then I'd advise you to make the structure much lighter. The current design is much heavier then many commercial machines and heavier than needed. Materials cost $$$ and handling these sort of machines, especially ones the size you are proposing becomes really big issues. Unless you have a forklift or overhead crane for the build and for the first move... You need to think about lifting and placing parts, even making provision for lifting rings or lifting points... Peter

with steel fabrications the deal is simple, if you can't stress relief, don't do fabrications. I don't see any reasonable solution for a massive router like this other than buying it. you're lucky in that there are routers with those work areas available within your budget.

you could cast it from uhpc, that would let you cast in cooling pipes to keep thermal issues at bay for long machining sessions, the good part is it doesn't need stress relief and only machining. https://www.moertelshop.eu/Shipping-costs ships to bulgaria so no issues there

uhpc price about $3 per kg for e45 recipe, you might get a better price for a big machine like this.

thanks peeteeng i will re design my construction. i will try to find some1 to do the reliev..

I thought our country doesnt have big ovens, but actually we have some very large. The nearest is within 100km with size 4000x4000x1000mm. I asked for price...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pesht_za_edrogabaritni.jpg  

Hi Vilyoo,
    that's one hell of an oven!. Pretty much don't care what it costs....this oven could be the making of your machine, I'm envious.

The last time I had some TSR done was a couple of years ago and it was $6NZD/kg (approx $4USD/kg)....so its not cheap but it will 'make' your machine.

Craig

There are some T-slot tables for selling near me. What do you think to use it as a frame. size is 2000x4500mm.This is a bit bigger than i need but there isnt other size. Price is 5500 euro. 10 tones each. Just need to make the portal.

Hi Vily - I'd knock the price down. If you can move them and get them at scrap price go for it... Peter

Hi,
    5500 Euro just about is scrap price isn't it?

That is 0.55 Euro/kg.

Clean steel scrap in NZ at the current time is $1.60NZD/kg or about 0.88Euro/kg. That's what I get if I turn up with a trailer load of scrap, what the scrap man gets I guess would be more.

Craig

Whoops, made a mistake in my calculation, that should be $0.16NZD/kg or 0.088Euro/kg. So 5500 Euro would be a small fraction (approx 1/5th) of what it would be to cast them but still about
    5 times scrap value.

In my country new steel costs 1.4 euro per kg. they buy scrab steel at 0,2-0,3 euro per kg depends on thickness. I asked for discount but they cant make.

Page 2 of 2 12