586,530 active members*
3,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: help

help

Hi, guy, iam new here and also in cnc just begginer.. sorry for stupid question.. but if anyone can help me I will be thanksfull.. in which topic I can find help about what kind of router bits and settings of router bits do I have to use for engraving 3D files? like for example as in attachement here.. many thx for answer and have a nice day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xxx.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	496615

Re: help

I couldn't see your first file, but the second one isn't an engraving but a 3D relief. To carve something like that, I'd suggest using as large a ball-nose endmill as your router can handle to do a roughing pass that gets most of the wood out of the way, and then following up with a finish pass using another one with a ball-end tip that can get into the smallest details. I like tapered ball-nose bits for this sort of thing, since they're more robust than an endmill (or router bit) that has that small a diameter all the way up its length of cut.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: help

To carve a 3D image like you posted you will need various bit several different size ball endmills from 1/4” down to1/16” and some roughing endmills like 1/4” down to 1/8” straight endmills. Some Cam software like carve pro or Aspire to generate the gcode