586,936 active members*
2,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > Mazak Win95 controllers - loss of SMB1 networking protocol

Hybrid View

Re: Mazak Win95 controllers - loss of SMB1 networking protocol

Hi. This has now escalated in severity for us as due to server windows updates at the beginning of this year our older Mazaks running Win 95 or Win 2000 Pro cannot rejoin our domain. The server security level has rose so PCs without the right Trust credentials are not allowed access. This means that any machine that has to have a new hard drive for example and then needs to rejoin the domain cannot do so.
    Having run through many attempts the PC can join the domain but is then disabled immediately and shows a Trust Relationship issue from other PCs.
    I believe Microsoft are now counting the clock down to remove SMB1 completely and to stop these older OS's from being used.

Re: Mazak Win95 controllers - loss of SMB1 networking protocol

Dan Pyle one of the gurus at Microsoft is producing a small executable file to be used in place of the SMB1 protocol. I'm sure he's been pestered by other guys like me who need to keep very old Mazak or similar machines running on a network to allow file transfer and job monitoring. He announced this executable in Dec 2023 but as yet nothing is available.
    Hopefully something will come up soon as we're living on the wire here with our machines.