586,576 active members*
3,500 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > UG NX > Issue with Parametric Part Configuration: Excel-linked Fastener Sizes Not Updating

Issue with Parametric Part Configuration: Excel-linked Fastener Sizes Not Updating

Hello NX Users,

I'm a fellow NX user who's been dealing with an issue related to parametric part configuration. I've been trying to pull parameters from an Excel file for my part model, and I've noticed that these parameters aren't updating correctly.

Specifically, I'm attempting to add fasteners of different sizes based on diameter measurements. I have the necessary data and connections within my Excel file, but I'm struggling with how to incorporate these data parametrically within my part file.

I've double-checked the Excel file's location and connections, and I'm confident everything is set up correctly there. However, I'm having trouble understanding how to configure the parameters and features within my part file.

If anyone has experience with such parametric configurations or could provide any insights on this matter, I'm looking for someone who can guide me on which steps to follow or what configurations to adjust properly.

Any information or experience sharing on navigating such parametric setups would be greatly appreciated.

for example MW Standard Part Library, meusburger, Guide Lock, E2680

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Murat GÜMÜŞ

Re: Issue with Parametric Part Configuration: Excel-linked Fastener Sizes Not Updatin

hy i don't use nx, but i can help create parametric programs from excel.
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Re: Issue with Parametric Part Configuration: Excel-linked Fastener Sizes Not Updatin

another thing just crossed my mind minutes ago : take your nx file with the part, and save it then change each dimension, that you wish to parameterize, with 0.123, or something, thus make it different, and save again

then share the 2 files, and the list of dimension for each; from there, i may be able to deliver all variants, as nx files / kindly

i tried yesterday to dig a solidworks file, and a simple change triggered a cascade of changes ... but this may not be true with an nx file

another aproach is to generate dxf's files from excel, then use them as input for the nx; if there are many such files, thus manually selecting each one leads to too much time waste, then it may be possible to automatize implementation

please, feel free to ask anything