Good Day! I sincerely hope everyone is well.
Let's get right to it. I have purchased 2 cnc machines over the past couple years and have been unhappy with both. One was strictly a router machine without adjustable spindle speed and the other had a small work area. To be transparent I want to work with acrylic and some small aluminum pieces. After pricing some non Amazon machines and determining the ideal machines were out of my budget, I decided to DIY the build and oversize my current need of a 24" X 24" workable space to leave room for expansion and larger wood projects. I designed a machine made with steel with the intention of a large work area and stiff gantry. The proposed workable are is 4' X 4'
The gantry is made of 3" X 3" square tubing ( 2 pieces spaced 2.5" apart vertically ) professionally welded to 1/4" plate cut for risers. The base footprint of the machine is a 5' X 6' frame rectangle made from the same type 3" square tubing mentioned previously. Mounted to the gantry are HGR20 guide rails and HGH20CA blocks driven by an SFU1605 ballscrew. I also used these guide rails, blocks and ballscrew for the Y axis. I have a preassembled unit (Rattmotor ZBX100-200mm stroke) for the Z axis. I have nema 23, 425 oz/in, steppers on each axis. These are controlled by the DM542T drivers and a Mach3 6 axis controller. The spindle is a 230V VFD controlled 2.2KW water cooled unit up to 24000 rpm.

I have some concerns
The gantry is still at the machine shop so I cannot weigh it physically. With the limited information I have provided will I need a second Y travel ballscrew? I have an extra stepper and driver on hand in case this was a need.
Is the z axis assembly i purchased up to the task of holding this 80mm spindle? I replaced the smaller nema 23 with one mentioned before yet after attaching the spindle mount it seems small.